Mothering Forum banner

Help with Shower Gift!

552 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  KoalaMama 
#1 ·
So, my friend is expecting, and her shower is this month! (Just got the invite, which is short notice if I buy from a WAHM!)

Anyway, her registry at BRU is quite limited, which makes me think she doesn't care if people shop w/o the registry (she didn't register for her wedding). Speaking of limited-- my funds are VERY limited as DH has been unemployed for too long.

So, should I:
(a) stick to the registry OR
(b) get a WAHM product (I'm thinking a sling!)

There's isn't much out there that I can afford for slings ($30 is my max), and I'm considering a Hotsling . . .the only problem would be sizing. (I'm thinking of getting a medium so she can get it adjusted if necessary). Does this sound like a good idea? I think she's on board with babywearing at least somewhat . . .she registered for a Bjorn.

I really wish I could afford to get her a fancy Hotsling, but I can only afford a basic style. . .I bet the fancy type would get her even more excited about babywearing!

#2 ·
Hi there!
Hotslings will do a gift certificate for you...that way you can let her pick out the sling she wants, and she could spend the little extra for a fancier one if she wants. That's what I'm doing for my friend later this fall!

Good luck!

#3 ·
I think a gift certificate is a great idea! And not to discourage from hotslings (because I love them!) but you could also consider a gc from somewhere like Peppermint.com. There's just so much variety there that she's guaranteed to get a style that she loves, and it saves you from guessing what that style might be.

Another inexpensive option is the Moby Wrap. Just about every sling-newbie I've worked with has found it super easy to use and very comfortable. I highly recommend it as a first carrier. That said, if you don't know whether or not she's on board with babywearing all that fabric might be intimidating to her and cause her to put it aside thinking it's too much work. Which brings us back to Sara's fantastic GC idea.

Good luck! She's a lucky Mama to have a friend like you near by to help show her the joys of babywearing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.