Rucksack Carry in Moby Wrap? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-08-2004, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got my Moby yesterday and used it all day today, mainly in the "hug" position and facing out. I really wanna put DD on my back but I don't quite know how to do it. I know people use the rucksack carry w/ a didymos... any advice, directions? TIA!
#2 of 8 Old 05-08-2004, 08:46 PM

I recommend the back wrap cross carry. It's a little harder than rucksack, but much more secure. Peppermint.com has great instructions: http://www.peppermint.com/wrapcrossbackcarry.htm

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#3 of 8 Old 02-17-2008, 10:29 PM

Hiya, as much as Moby *says* you can back carry with their wrap, it's not recommended. Woven wraps like Didys are much safer: they are wider - a good 4-5 inches difference! - and have less 'give', so can support your baby on your back better.
With stretchy wraps there is just too much potential for the wrap to slip out from around baby (not enough coverage), or for them to actually push out from your back and flip (I've seen this happen!)

Sorry if this sounds preachy I know back carries are wonderful, it's just worth doing them with a wrap that's made for it
#4 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 12:15 AM

It's not just that they're so stretchy (though that's part of it), it's also the width. If I'm remembering correctly, Mobys are narrower, too, adding to the unsafety of it.

I have done and it is totally safe to do a ruck wrap using a semi-stretchy bali baby stretch from gypsymama.

If you really wanted to do a back carry with your Moby, I would also recommend the Back Wrap Cross Carry.

Also, how old/big is your daughter?
#5 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 10:41 AM

I love the ruck sack carry, but not with a stretchy wrap.

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#6 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 03:26 PM

I JUST noticed the time stamp on the original post:
05-08-2004, 03:37 PM
#7 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 08:27 PM

LOL... well since it's "reopened" anyway... I was never able to ruck with my Moby, and couldn't get a decent ruck with my BBB gauze either. But now I *can* ruck with my BBS.

Heather, mom to Caileigh 12/06 and aspie ADHD prodigy David 05/98 :intact lact
#8 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 PM

i think rucsack won't be very secure, but i back cross-cary is very secure and comfortable with the moby! make sure you tie it very tight--don't worry, it will feel just perfect. though cross-backcarry takes some practice, it is so worth the learning!

here are some photos. look for the ones labelled "back cary in moby." you will need to scroll a bit down to find them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page