Mothering Forum banner

Help finding a ring sling with a good stay-put shoulder for a broad-shouldered girl w

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  qsaoyueshs 
#1 ·
I tried a Maya Wrap rental from Heavenly Hold, and both my LO and I looooved it. However, the shoulder didn't work well for me. I'm a convert to ring slings, but not to Maya. I think the Oscha shoulder will work best for me, but they are crazy expensive and I can't find any on the swaps.

I'm broad-shouldered and large busted, and have a heavy child (at least 20lbs at 8 months). Does any one know of a good ring sling for that situation? Would Eetsi be better than Oscha? Does anyone know of any other slings with a shoulder similar to Oscha? Or any places where I might find a used Oscha sling?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

#3 ·
Maybe try a pleated shoulder? Sleeping Baby Production is a SAHM business and she makes really nice slings. I had a conversion that she made, and it was very nice! I loved the shoulder for front carries, but since I back carry so much, I ended up passing it on and sticking with my trusty Maya Wraps!

Have you gone to thebabywearer.com? They have tons of slings on the swap boards. It's where I've bought most of my carriers! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.