Baby Wearing for the "Well Endowed" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-24-2014, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Baby Wearing for the "Well Endowed"

I'm due with our first and starting to think about the registry...really early yet but I told my mother right away and she may get a couple baby things for us for Christmas. I was thinking of getting a ring sling plus a soft structured carrier that both DH and I can use.

I've been looking at the Maya Wrap with the new adjustable Comfort Fit shoulder and a Boba 4G. (I like the idea of the stretchy wraps but in reality I'm having a baby in Southeast Texas in the hottest part of the summer and I think both baby and I would be horribly hot.) Would these both work well around "the girls?" I'm plus-sizeish (about a 16) and an F to G cup so that's definitely a consideration with choosing a carrier. I'd also like something nursing-friendly that can be used with a newborn since I kind of hate the bucket seats. Almost threw my back out trying to carry my cousin's kid around in one and that was just for one day!

Anyway, any advice is appreciated, either opinions or affirmations on the Maya and Boba 4G or suggestions of others that might work better. I like the Boba better than the Ergo because of the higher back, seems like it would offer better support to the baby if, for example, DH was wearing baby in a back carry while hiking? (He's only 2 inches taller and we're of similar weight so we should be able to share most carriers without a ton of adjustment.)

6/07  5/13  9/13

Can it be? Due July 18, hoping this one is our baby!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd go with the Maya Wrap in a Large...the easiest carrier to nurse in, I've found. Also, I am pretty large-breasted and found that bunching up the tail of the sling and using it under my breast to lift it really helps so I can nurse hands-free.

For a SSC, I'd go with a Kinderpack, with Plus-sized straps. Very comfortable, very adjustable, much more head support for baby.

Good luck!!!

Mom to E(11/92), H(10/95), C(4/98), S(12/00) and M(4/13)

Tags
Babywearing , carriers
User Tag List