Suggestion For best baby wearing? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 17 Old 03-16-2015, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Suggestion For best baby wearing?

Hello Everyone,
I am pregnant with my first and I really love the idea of baby wearing. I already have a few slings/wraps/carriers picked out.

My question to you lovely ladies is this - What kind of baby wearing is best?

What have your experiences been?
I have found http://www.meitaimundo.it/it/faq-mei-tai-neonato website to provide more variety of baby wearing. Has anyone used this company before? Would just like some reviews. Please share it.

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 03-18-2015, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
{giggles} I had to choose to translate the page into English, and I'm not sure how effective that was. It made the grammar quite silly. I've never seen this site before. If you're in the U.S., I'd recommend something with more products available here. But, if that site works for you, and your area, that's great!

Anyway, I really like www.thebabywearer.com forums for advice about specific carriers. It is sort of like Mothering, only mostly focused on babywearing.

I do have a mei tei, a BabyHawk, to be specific. I loved it for the first year, but my son got too heavy for it, since it lacks waist padding. I got an Oh Snap! made by the same company and loved it as well, until he outgrew it height-wise.

We now use an Bloo Kangaroo XT and our Toddler Kinderpacks, both awesome WAHM-made SSCs.

Mom to E(11/92), H(10/95), C(4/98), S(12/00) and M(4/13)

Last edited by farmer; 03-18-2015 at 11:02 AM.
#3 of 17 Old 03-18-2015, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
My priorities are easy to put on, and for young babies easy to let them sleep or nurse, for older ones good support of their weight distributed well. I like ring slings for the first few months and mei tai designs or better yet the Ergo for older.

#4 of 17 Old 03-25-2015, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
When talking about babywearing safety, you might have heard people say that your baby should be “close enough to kiss.”
When you’re carrying your baby in a sling or baby carrier on your front, your baby’s head should be high enough that you can easily tip your head down and plant a kiss on your baby’s head or forehead. This keeps your baby in a natural “in-arm’s” position – your baby is just where he’d be if your were carrying him in-arms – which allows you an easy view of your baby, tummy-to-tummy contact, and greater comfort for your back than when your baby is positioned too low.
#5 of 17 Old 05-26-2015, 06:25 AM

I am a neo mom and I think that in babywearing, especially when you talk about neoborn baby clothes, the best thing is always to have something soft easy to put on, just like Jamie said.
#6 of 17 Old 10-09-2015, 04:49 AM

are you really?
#7 of 17 Old 10-27-2015, 02:52 AM

The maternity clothes provider sites online also give you baby wear options.
#8 of 17 Old 12-04-2015, 10:31 PM

I would suggest buying 6 sleepsuits, 6 short sleeve bodys, 6 long sleeve bodys & 6 sleeveless vests in newborn as you will definately use these. Also maybe 3/4 outfits in newborn for going out/visitors etc.
#9 of 17 Old 12-26-2015, 10:44 PM

Hi. I have a 15 month old girl. I have baby worn since she was just a few weeks old. I started out with a moby wrap. I think it's great for when they are really small. But they will get hot. I would wear her going to the mall or going on a walk around the neighborhood. Basically instead of a stroller.

After a few months, I got the ergo and she's been in that since. She loves the ergo. She would sit facing me for a few months. I wear her on my back now. I wish I had gotten the ergo 360 to carry her facing out. But overall I love my ergo. It makes traveling and doing things so much easier and I like being able to hold her hand when we walk. Sorry this is so long.
#10 of 17 Old 01-11-2016, 03:32 PM

My baby is 2mos, I use both the Moby Wrap and Baby Bjorn carrier... I absolutely love both
#11 of 17 Old 05-10-2016, 07:38 AM

A lot of people start out with wraps first before they move on to other carriers. When my dd (11) was a baby, I had no clue about anything babywearing related, so we used the OTSBH. She was easy-going and loved it, but when my son was born, he hated laying down and wanted to be able to sit up and see. I personally am not great with wraps, it sadly took me more time to get him into the wrap than it would to actually be in the store, lol. Liked mei tais and made me a few, but I needed something with more support, so SSCs were the route for us.

I think all kids/wearers are different, and what works for one may not work for another. Our wearing styles are as different as our children are and really, the best thing for a new babywearer to do is to experiment with different ones to find the one that is right for them. If you have a sling library close, they are great resources.

Kirsten, owner of Bloo Kangaroo Kanga SSCs - Take a stand, Carry a child, and open your world to the possibilities!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#12 of 17 Old 05-14-2016, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Not sure if you are still considering which wraps to buy, but for my newborn I am happiest with a woven wrap (I have the Girasol brand) and a ring sling. He is now five weeks old and I find that I can easily soothe him to sleep in either one, though I prefer the wrap (which takes a little more effort getting on) for more sustained periods -- usually when I'm walking out the front door to stroll around the neighborhood to get him to go to sleep. I use the ring sling in the house to be hands free, and also when I'm getting in and out of the car and going somewhere rather than schlepping the car seat. As he gets bigger/older I may prefer something with buckles, more support, etc., but for the early months, if you can hang in there and get confident with wrapping yourself, these are the best in my experience! They also fit the bill with what @LakeeyaRothe11 mentions in her reply.

Here's a website where you can purchase high quality ring slings and wraps.
#13 of 17 Old 05-30-2016, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Has anyone tried a boba carrier with a newborn? I'm considering this one as a friend said its the best one she has used...(shes on baby #6 ).
#14 of 17 Old 05-31-2016, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wrap + SSC = whole baby phase covered!

Lovely moms, I've had the best experience with a stretchy wrap from birth (Boba Wrap is so extra soft and stretchy, and an easy great fit), then moving to a great soft-structured carrier at about 5 months (though sometimes earlier). We love Boba, so we chose Boba 4G Carrier for all the unique features and superior ease of in-carrier breastfeeding. It's less bulky than Ergo and wider-seated than others, so I'm a big fan for baby's and parent comfort. Enjoy and good luck!

#15 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 12:04 AM

my mom recently got a sewing machine and now she is making everything at her own.. haha. this is really nice
#16 of 17 Old 08-24-2016, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing this information. You can opt for online store as they have a variety of baby wear.
#17 of 17 Old 03-03-2017, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I love baby clothers on Three-Snails.Com.

They have amazing baptism dresses and personilized gifts!

Tags
mei tai neonato

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page