Tail end of ella roo a problem for anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-29-2004, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just bought a Moby for a friend, so of course when it arrived I had to try it out! It is awesome, i put my 5 mo. dd in the front facing carry and it felt great. I have several slings (OTSBH, Maya, Kissasling) but am thinking I need a wrap too. My slings always wear out my shoulder. I'm all psyched up to learn all of the carries, esp. back!!

I'm almost sold on the Ella roo----the beautiful fabric, versatility of carrying heavier children, less hot....but I'm wondering if the tail bothers anyone? It doesn't appear to be tapered. I just wonder if the fringe/non=tapered end of the ER would be bulky/annoying.....I liked that the Moby was so non-bulky.

Or should I get both?!

Thanks girls, for your always wonderful and thoughtful advice!!
#2 of 6 Old 05-29-2004, 10:45 PM

you should get both... but imo the tail end is not annoying at all.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#3 of 6 Old 05-29-2004, 11:06 PM

I've never had a problem with the tail of my Roo, even if I bought the longest one (because of dd and heavier babysitter) and I am really skinny. HTH
#4 of 6 Old 06-04-2004, 01:07 PM

I love the tail personally. So blasted pretty to have that fringe there. I feel almost elegant wearing my EllaRoo.

I'm so in love with the darned thing...
#5 of 6 Old 06-06-2004, 11:34 AM

Never had a problem with it. The fabric is so light, that it doesn't make for a large knot at all. I agree with everyone that the EllaRoo Wraps are *gorgeous*. And I second the thought that you should get both. :LOL

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#6 of 6 Old 06-08-2004, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one of the ER's.....just got to find a way to #1-explain to my husband why we need just ONE more carrier, and #2-find a way to pay for it! I think I"m going to have a big rummage sale soon (and sell my never used crib, for one thing!) so maybe I can use that money. That would be a good trade-off, crib for baby wrap! yay! Thanks for your expert advice mamas!

I can hardly wait to get one......everywhere I go with a sling, I get comments about how that is the cutest thing I've ever seen, oh that baby looks so content, I wish I would have had something like that when I had my kids, etc...Just wait til people see the ER!! I think I'm going to get the Maija fabric.

Thanks again------

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page