Ergo carrier problems, anyone else experience this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-06-2004, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd gets red marks where her thighs rest against the carrier, where she sits, and the straps are SHARP against my skin in the back, so I am going to have to sew something on the straps to keep the sharp ends from cutting me open. Anyone else have this problem?
#2 of 3 Old 06-06-2004, 10:14 PM

Is your DD sitting all the way in the pouch? Her heiney should be completely in the pouch and lower than her legs. That takes the weight off of the legs. I know that sometimes if I don't have a mirror handy to check the positioning, I don't get DD all the way in the pouch when I put her on my back by myself. Check in a mirror and if she's up too high, jiggle around and pull the fabric out until she "falls" down into it.

Kimba
#3 of 3 Old 06-06-2004, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm..I dunno. She does have quite the plumpy butt, and chubby thighs. I will have to have dh help me mess with it. Thanks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page