What is the youngest age baby you can wear in a Kozy Carrier? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-06-2004, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry for the wording of that title, couldn't think of how to word it.

I have a 2 wk old and I still hate the Maya wrap and my pouch was too small, so I'm waiting to get a bigger one back. I'm in line for a Kozy, I need to check, but I think my order will be up in the next month. Would it be too much stress on a young baby's spine if I carry him in there when I get it? Assuming he'll be 6 weeks or 2 months or so old. I really want to wear him more, he loves to be held and that's what I do all day, but I can't get much done. I need to figure out how to wear him.
#2 of 3 Old 06-06-2004, 11:11 PM

I wore my babes as soon as I got my Kozy and they were still pretty young and small. I'm trying to remember...maybe 3 months old? I just put them in the froggy leg position and used it on the front. I don't think there would be any problem with pressure on the spine - it's exactly how you'd hold them if they were just in your arms, kwim? In fact, I think the position (chest to chest, with froggy legs) is a lot more natural than many of the positions other carriers put them in.
#3 of 3 Old 06-07-2004, 01:06 AM

i think, and don't quote me on this, but it's as soon as they can hold their head up? when is that about? 3mo? i have no recollection, that period was such a blur. why don't you email kelley and ask her

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page