This product makes me so sad - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 09-11-2004, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Usually I post on the diapering board, but I've decided to expand my horizons to other MDC forums and came across this thread. As a pp mentioned, this contraption is supposed to be used for "quick trips", but unfortunately, we live in a society that tends to take the easy way out and I'm sure that parents that own this thing use it for more than quick trips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mealymama
Of course, I used the stroller for that, but maybe if I had to travel this wouldn't be such a terrible idea. Of course I might worry about people bumping or kicking it, but as far as dogs & not being able to see the baby... those things are true of strollers, as well, right?
When I push my stroller, I can still see my baby, he's in front of me, not behind me so I can shoo away any unwanted visitors. I do believe there MAY be a time and a place for something like this, but I also feel bad for the child whose parents decide that this takes the place of the stroller ALL the time

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#62 of 64 Old 09-11-2004, 05:38 PM

My biggest concern w/ such a thing would be debri flying around and hitting your precious babe. (Flying debri is also a danger for babies in strollers which are a bit higer up.) Being so low down does create the potential for someone not looking to kick or trip over your babe.
I was thinking for a fleeting moment that at the airport it might be nice to just pop your carrier carseat on this thing and get to your next flight, until I thought about the hussle and bussle surrounding airports and crazy people who never look down. My child walking next to me has been pushed over by someone in a hurry.
This item is so low down someone could drop something on the babe and kill the babe accidently!
It's a bad "improvement" to the already marketed baby carrier stroller availabe through onestepahead.com at least that one is higher up and has babe facing you.
#63 of 64 Old 09-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Banned

i would prefer to use my sling than that.. that...

with my sling, my baby is safe in my arms, or almost. I can nurse when I want. I am attentive to my baby's needs and what's more, I'm not trying to negotiate a contraption through crowds that could get my baby hurt.

My toddler goes into my stroller only because he's way to heavy for me to carry him.
#64 of 64 Old 09-12-2004, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
I find it a little funny that this is a CARSEAT attachment, the safety of this being in issue is somewhat ironic to me. This child was in the car (we know the risks of the auto, right?)...flying debri and strollers ~ a serious danger?

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page