Are there any patterns to make slings yourself? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-11-2004, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I have a 1-yr-old daughter, and did a lot of baby carrying early on. Lately, she is so independent that I haven't carried her nearly as much, but I think that is partly because I don't have the right sling. I have TONS of fabric and a sewing machine--I was wondering if anyone could point me to a pattern for a sling that would work for us. I would also be interested in a pattern for something that would be good for a newborn--we are currently TTC...

Thanks in advance.

Stacy-- Wife to my DH, mom to three: noodle girl:, Lego boy , little guy :
#2 of 3 Old 06-11-2004, 11:40 PM

The Maya Wrap website has instructions on how to make their slings!! I have a Maya Wrap and also one I made and I love them. They are great for a newborn too b/c you can adjust it tightly. The only thing I don't like about the one I made is that the fabric is wider than my actual Maya Wrap so it is harder to pull through the rings. Also, it was kinda tricky trying to figure out how to sew it so the 'shoulder flap' would work correctly. I made two others for family members before this one and their flaps didn't turn out right.
#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2004, 11:50 PM

Here are several free patterns to make soft baby carriers. I have made several of the tube slings for me and family/friends. I have also made several ring slings with instructions from mayawrap.com

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/

Happy sewing!
Sarahb

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page