• 2 Post By Xerxella
  • 1 Post By Xerxella

#1 of 9 Old 08-12-2016, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My pregnant wife is very nervous

Hello friends,

We are expecting our first baby very soon. As the time is passing by my wife is getting nervous day by day. She wants baby to be delivered normally, but her enthusiasm is getting down.

How can I motivate her? Also she is refusing to take me in the labor room as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-12-2016, 03:32 AM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Look into hiring a doula.
Go to a LLL meeting.
Help her find women that have had natural labor. Holistic moms meeting maybe?

Have her join MDC. Let her talk to us.
#3 of 9 Old 08-12-2016, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Details?

Waning enthusiasm seems pretty normal to me, being pregnant, especially in the summertime is hard..and as the initial thrill of expecting wears off, the reality of being pregnant and going thru child birth becomes real..and frightening, especially for first timers.

My recommendation is to talk with her..no, wait, listen to her...and be supportive and encouraging and emotionally available to her so she feels a partnership with you, even of she's the one who will be doing all the work there.

You have time, but you should use that time wisely to address her understandable anxiety (terror?), otherwise it will likely harden as she gets closer to her due date.
#4 of 9 Old 08-13-2016, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello friends,
Thank you for sharing your views. Please can you guys help sharing some views on it should we take risk of normal delivery, or just let it go with C-sec. What does your personal experience say?

Yes will definitely ask her to talk herein directly so that she gets motivated. Though we have found some videos on net which has good exercises for pregnant lady. We also came to know about breathing exercises, which would be very helpful for last days of pregnancy.
#5 of 9 Old 08-13-2016, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
For a healthy, low-risk woman with no specific issue to take into consideration, vaginal birth carries fewer risks than elective Caesar. However, this is really only a decision you and your wife can make after reviewing the research and having a conversation with your health care providers.

How soon is "very soon"? When is your wife due? Also, how stressed is she about this? Some anxiety and nervousness is quite natural but if she is very stressed about it then maybe there are specific issues which she needs to address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#6 of 9 Old 08-13-2016, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I'm not sure what you mean by "just let it go" with a c section.
applejuice likes this.
#7 of 9 Old 08-13-2016, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Chapman View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "just let it go" with a c section.

I agree. I do not understand what you mean by this statement.

Your wife should know that a caesarean can be a life saving, wonderful procedure in an emergency or problem delivery. But having a surgical delivery will pre-determine the outcome of future deliveries as well as problems with a bruised bladder, adhesions, scar tissue, life long back problems from incompetently done epidurals, delay of breastfeeding, infections, any future abdominal problem and prolonged recovery.

Future deliveries can be complicated by placenta previa and placenta accreta. Babies born this way often need to be suctioned and some hospitals send routinely them to the NICU for observation.

Natural childbirth is painful and gruesome, but as a mother myself who endured it more than once, it is worth it.

And some advice - get your records from the hospital. These are always an eye opener.

BTW, I loved Chinatown", Jake.
Nazsmum and Claudia Chapman like this.

"Cheers to those who do their own research because they trust no one."

Last edited by applejuice; 08-13-2016 at 09:37 PM.
#8 of 9 Old 08-17-2016, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 504 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Clark View Post
Hello!

I understand the feeling. The only way for her not to feel nervous is make sure to let her feel that she will be being taken care of. This is a normal feeling for her. Let her understand that it is more risky if she's nervous because it result to stress.

So, if she's nervous tell her not to be nervous because the stress could hurt the baby?!?!? Do you know how ... Patronizingly paternalistic that sounds? Telling someone that stress is bad for them, doesn't help them relieve stress.
applejuice and Nazsmum like this.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to AJ 4/07
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

and then
and then

So, we'll see where this road goes...
#9 of 9 Old 08-18-2016, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 504 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboyes39 View Post
If she's being unreasonable, don't try to reason with her - that'll just make her feel dumb and hormonal and lash out more. Be sympathetic to her feelings and ask her what you can do to help/make it better/whatever. If she's being crazy for no reason, she'll realize it and calm down. If she has a real issue, you'll have better luck hearing what it is if you aren't being condescending.
Also, you don't say what she's taking out on you but try to share your feelings with her. If you are worried about the baby, say so. If you're super excited, say so. Crazy hormonal pregnant women don't like to feel like they are the only ones with feelings.

Ok. This is just a troll now.
applejuice likes this.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

and then
and then

So, we'll see where this road goes...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page