Help please - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 07-09-2004, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 7 months pregnant w/ my second. I have an OTSBH, baby trekker, ABC, and un-padded ring sling. I do like all of these for bigger babies.

I'm trying to pick something out for my new one. I don't want a wrap because I just can't deal with it. Originally I was going to get an adjustable pouch from Pea in the Pod but she is not taking orders do to Samuel.

So, I suppose I am leaning heavily toward an adjustable pouch. I live in San Diego. It does not get very cold here. I'm interested in kangaroo corners adjustable cotton pouch and the maya wrap pouch looks interesting. I don't want a ton of strech.

All that said I would really appreciate some suggestions. I made my ABC, un-padded ring sling and a non-adjustable pouch, I just don't want to make anything.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-09-2004, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

BTW it doesn't have to be a pouch if someone thinks there is something I might be interested in.
#3 of 8 Old 07-09-2004, 01:23 PM

I've heard mixed reviews about the KKACP but great ones about thier KKAFP. I have thier fleece pouch and its really comfy but kinda warm so its a good cooler weather sling. I dont have any experience with the Maya AP but I do have one of thier Wraps and its really good brethable fabric. I'd probably chose the Maya over the KK for that reason.
Have you looked into other ring slings or non-adjustable pouches? www.ThebabyWearer.com is a great resource for finding more as well.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.

#4 of 8 Old 07-09-2004, 01:26 PM

Have you considered two MamaBaby slings? They can be worn singly as stretchy unpadded ring slings, which is absolutely dreamy with little newborns, or crossed to get the wrap effect without the wrapping. They are awesome!
#5 of 8 Old 07-09-2004, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Those two mamababy slings look cool. It has the hold I like about the wrap but not all the pain of tying.
#6 of 8 Old 07-09-2004, 01:58 PM

They really are great. And it's nice to have just the two separate slings, too. One for the house, one for the diaper bag. The snuggle hold in a single MamaBaby is my all time favorite newborn carry.
#7 of 8 Old 07-25-2004, 04:36 AM

The mamababy was actually created while I was parenting a newborn foster child. I started with one, developed the second sling carry because he was a little shoulder-monkey--wanted to be upright and *high* all the time. He went everywhere with me--choir, work, my daughter's school, my parent's house, shopping. He was with us for 3 1/2 months and I never even bothered thinking about buying a stroller. When he moved on, I sent a pair of slings with him and they were used as slings and swaddling blankets--because of the stretch you can swaddle a baby very snugly with them.

Jenrose, Mama to DD1, born 1993, DD2, born 2005, and DS1, Jan. 2012. Babywearing, cosleeping, homebirthing mom with fibromyalgia and hashimotos.  DD2 has a rare chromosome disorder. 

#8 of 8 Old 07-25-2004, 04:37 AM

Over the Shoulder Baby Holder is what I use.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page