I have a kozy that is totally going to waste... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-18-2004, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a Kozy b/c I want to carry my dd on my back. She is 20 months. It is just not convient to carry her in it on my front, b/c it is hard for me to get around her to do anything. The problem is she hates the back carry. As soon as I start to swing her around on my back she starts freaking out, yelling, crying, trying to push herself off my back. If I do actually get her in she is only happy for about 5 minutes. Any suggestions on what to do or another carrier that may work better? Thanks

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
#2 of 12 Old 07-18-2004, 09:26 PM

My daughter took to a cack carrier pretty quickly at 16 months. It did take her a little while to trust me putting her on my back. She was used to being carried in a framed backpack already before I discovered ABC style carriers. Maybe this made it easier? Perhaps you could borrow one or find one cheap off the TP and give it a try. if that works than maybe she would make the transition. Have you tried the high back carry? It makes it easier for dd to see, maybe your dd would like it better too.
#3 of 12 Old 07-19-2004, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't tried the high carry; I'll have to do that!

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
#4 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 01:27 AM

Can you do a hip carry with the Kozy? I used to do that with my Sutemi and my dd really liked it (it's a similar style carrier).

Maybe she's also objecting to the method you use to get her on your back. Maybe there's another way to get her in the sling that would be less traumatic.

peace, Beth
#5 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 12:38 PM

Hate to be a vulture circling, but if you end up not wanting your Kozy, I'd be interested in it!
#6 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMetz
Hate to be a vulture circling, but if you end up not wanting your Kozy, I'd be interested in it!
tee'hee, thats why i opened this thread
#7 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 03:21 PM

That's why I opened it originally too! We are so terrible . . . I hope after waiting all that time for a Kozy lilmiss'mama is able to use it.
#8 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 04:34 PM

We are so bad! Well, I hope lilmiss'mama got it to work with the high back carry.

Hey, lilmiss'mama, can we get some pics if the high back carry works for you? I have seen a few pictures of it but it helps to look at others, if that makes sense.
#9 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

:LOL Sorry to disappoint everyone! I did think about posting it for sale; and I still might. I am going to try the side carry tonight and see how it goes. The trouble is whenever she just sees the Kozy she starts freaking out. I don't have a digital camera otherwise I would post pics. However, I know there was a thread awhile ago that did have pics of a high carry. Might try a search.

#10 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 08:51 PM

lilmiss'mama - My ds wasn't a big fan of the Kozy initially, either. I finally figured out that what was really bugging him was that the fabric was too far up his back and, while he wanted to have his arms out and over the sides, it was very uncomfortable for him. Now I roll the fabric under 3 times at the waste and he likes it much better. I also "helicopter" him onto my back (face him, hold him under his arms and spin him up onto my back) and he loves that part so much that he'll often ask to ride in the Kozy just to experience it. :LOL

Hope it works out for you.
#11 of 12 Old 07-21-2004, 04:30 PM

Dragonfly - GREAT suggestions!!! Yu are so right! DD hates having her arms in in our ABC. She loves the 'helicopter' move too - love that name.
#12 of 12 Old 07-22-2004, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

Beth TX- how did you tie the straps on the side hold? We tried today for a bit until she got crabby and I couldn't get it secure feeling. I also tried a version of the "helicopter" and she just wanted me to keep swinging her around and would cry each time she landed on my back!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page