How to make a pouch? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2004, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope I'm allowed to ask this here. I read over the rules and didn't see anything about it. If it's not allowed please remove!

I was wondering if anyone had any intructions on how to make a fleece pouch? I got a hotsling last week and LOVE it! I wish I had known about them sooner (DS is 9 months). I bought a kissasling before he was born but never got the hang of it and it turned me off of slings. My sister visited last month and let me play with her KKAFP. I loved it! I ended up with a reversable hotsling which I love! Anyway, I really want a KKAFP but don't have the extra money Anyone know how to make one? It looks like it'd be easy, though I don't know how I would get the snaps so maybe a nonadjustable fleece would be better? Anyone? TIA!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2004, 10:57 PM

oops, LOL .... meant to start a new thread.

But to help this thread.. check out:

http://www.ida.net/users/stace/sling.html

you would probably need to adjust the length of it since fleece stretches more than a cotton would
Old 07-23-2004, 11:54 AM

I just posted this yesterday at TBW:

Look for 'polar fleece' as opposed to anti-pill microfleece. Most polar fleece stretches just enough to be comfy, but not so much as to require adjusting. You will need to adjust your personal sizing 2-4 inches and you won't need much of a curve. If you hem the rails, they will create stability and then the horizontal stretch of the fleece will create the curve. Make sure to sew the sling so the stretch is across the sling as opposed to down otherwise your babe will hang down to your knees (BTDT, thought I was being clever buying a remnant WAAAAY back before Hotslings :LOL) Have fun!
Old 07-23-2004, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1225
Make sure to sew the sling so the stretch is across the sling as opposed to down otherwise your babe will hang down to your knees (BTDT, thought I was being clever buying a remnant WAAAAY back before Hotslings :LOL) Have fun!
At the risk of showing my ignorance of all things sewing... exactly how do you tell this? I imagine holding the material and pulling each way to see which way has more give to it?

OT, Kristen: I hope that you're feeling well today. After you answer this, you might consider going for a LOOOOOONG walk!

Take care!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the tips! I'm going to get started as soon as I find the material and time I'll keep you all updated

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

User Tag List