lightly padded Ellaroo...will it leave red marks on my toddler's legs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-22-2004, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone here have a lightly padded Ellaroo sling like this? http://store.yahoo.com/peppermintcom...pen-sling.html Have you used it with your toddler? Does it leave red marks on their legs? Can you use it easily with a newborn? I have an OTSBH...how does it compare to that? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-22-2004, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Also, how does a Maya compare to the other two I mentioned? They don't have any padding, right? Can you hip carry your toddler in that without leaving red marks?
#3 of 6 Old 07-22-2004, 08:40 PM

Yes, they are both good slings for hip carries. Since the baby's legs are supported in a seated position, with thighs parallel to the floor, their weight is mostly in the bum, which will sit a little lower than their knees. The fabric will be right at the back of the kinees. Some babies with chunky thighs do get red marks, but they don't seem to hurt--it's kind of like when you wake up with sheet creases in your face. The ER lightly padded is MUCH less padded than the OTSBH. It's really nice and a bit easier to use than the Maya because of the simpler shoulder design. Also, on either of these, the open tail is key because it lets you adjust the top and bottom separately. I love both of these slings.
#4 of 6 Old 07-22-2004, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your help! I was just concerned about the red marks because I had a pouch and it left horrible DEEP marks on her legs after just being in it for a short while.

Anyone else have an opinion?
#5 of 6 Old 07-23-2004, 02:53 PM

i havent any experience with toddlers, but my 5.5 month old is almost 20 pounds, so im used to slinging a heavier babe.

i have a maya and an ellaroo lightly padded sling and i like the ellaroo better. its way more comfy on my shoulder, which is key as stella gets heavier. that little bit of padding in the shoulder makes a huge difference. i keep her legs tucked in so i dont know about the red marks, but i would think it wouldnt leave any deep marks, as there is light padding (like if you rolled your tshirt edge 5 times, thats how padded the edges are).
#6 of 6 Old 07-23-2004, 03:13 PM

I love my Ella Roo. I've even been thinking of getting another one--in a different print, just because we use it so often. My boy is about 7 months and 20 pounds and he doesn't get red marks from it (although he did in a pouch.
I don't have an OTSBH, though I've borrowed them from friends, and I think that any lightly padded or unpadded sling is more comfortable because you can adjust them better since the padding will go through the rings. With the big puffy padding I can never get the sling tight enough, so it ends up hurting your back even more...

Jessi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page