help me find something new... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 07-23-2004, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
okay ladies, i haven't posted here in awhile but now need help again!

dd is 9 months and has become a little squirmy wormy and all of a sudden is HEAVY! Yikes! I don't know how it happened, but overnight she has become huge! We still use our Maya daily but the kangaroo carry really kills my back. She won't sit still in the hip carry - always flopping forward and trying to crawl back on my front. We love our EBMT (comfort-wise) but dd hates facing foward and will not go on my back. I'm hoping this will become more useful when she is big enough to like being on my back (when does that actually happen?). Then we also have our hotsling, which is great, but again, dd doesn't sit still on my hip.

Any ideas for something new to try?? She wants to be down on the ground now all the time to crawl so I don't need something for bumming around the house like I used to but need something comfy for when we're out and about for long periods of time. TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-23-2004, 10:46 AM

So when you're out and about she still wants to get down and crawl? I would just keep trying with what you have. It doesn't seem like there's anything you haven't really tried yet - except maybe a wrap - but you're going to have the same problems with a wrap as an ABC (your EBMT) IMHO. The only thing I can think of is the wrap cross carry with a wrap carrier, but that will essentially be the same as your EBMT on the front.

I recall a time where my DD wouldn't be in any carrier and I would end up carrying her out of places parallel to the floor in ring slings and pouches. There wasn't really anything I could have done about it at the time because she was so spirited and determined and twisty/crazy. I POSSIBLY could have tied her on really tightly in a wrap, but I am not sure she wouldn't have tried to wriggle out. She was/is always an up/down kid. I have found over time that up/down kids are just like that and the quicker the carrier the better (pouch, ring sling).

I hope someone else has some better advice! :LOL
#3 of 4 Old 07-23-2004, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

hmm, i was afraid someone would say that! guess i was just hoping there was something i hadn't thought of! thanks!

#4 of 4 Old 07-23-2004, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It could just be a stage too.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page