just got my Moby and I love it ??'s though... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 07-23-2004, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted a while back needing help on which sling to get - I went with the Moby and I love it. Its so comfortable. But I don't see how I'm going to bf with it. Ds is 3 mos old, 90% for height so he's long. Anyone know of pictures or illustrations of bfing in the Moby?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-23-2004, 03:46 PM

Take a look at the following video. Its wonderful! I tried it today and was somewhat successful except that dd doesn't like to be confined like that.

http://www.mamatoto.org/portalVBVS/h...ccnurse5mo.mpg
#3 of 7 Old 07-23-2004, 03:46 PM

They say timing is everything!

This AWESOME video was just posted yesterday by Tracy of Mamatoto.org. It is of her, effortlessly bfing her 5 month old dd, Toni, in the Moby.

http://www.mamatoto.org/portalVBVS/h...ccnurse5mo.mpg

If that link does not work for you, try accessing it from here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babywearing/message/17167

Good luck & happy nursing!

#4 of 7 Old 07-23-2004, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I'm downloading it now
#5 of 7 Old 07-23-2004, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, wrapping ds that way was easy enough. But by the time I got him all wrapped up his mouth was too far above my boob lol

Maybe my midsection is just too short? I tried again and tied him lower, but his legs were at my hips...that can't be good for the back. Any tips?

Also, is it normal for babies who have never been in a wrap or sling to protest fabric over their head? Ds absolutely hates it. I've only put him in it a 3 or 4 times so far, but he really let me know he was not happy with it lol
#6 of 7 Old 07-23-2004, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajo2004
Ok, wrapping ds that way was easy enough. But by the time I got him all wrapped up his mouth was too far above my boob lol

Maybe my midsection is just too short? I tried again and tied him lower, but his legs were at my hips...that can't be good for the back. Any tips?
Wow, I'm impressed that you found the wrapping part to be easy~ Good for you!

The best tip that I can give you is Practice, Practice, Practice. I think that having him a bit too high is better than a bit too low; you should be able to wiggle him down a bit to get him latched on.

Quote:
Also, is it normal for babies who have never been in a wrap or sling to protest fabric over their head? Ds absolutely hates it. I've only put him in it a 3 or 4 times so far, but he really let me know he was not happy with it lol
I'd guess that most babies have a learning curve for getting used to being in a new wrap/sling/position. And if you're putting him in when he's hungry so that he can nurse, he's bound to be unhappy about it. All the advice I've seen about getting baby used to being wrapped says to do it when baby is full, dry and well-rested. Of course, that makes it kind of like a Catch-22 to get him to nurse in there, doesn't it! Maybe you could nurse him on one side out of the wrap, then when he's done, wrap him up and offer him the other breast from inside the Moby.

Oh, and it may sound strange, but maybe you could go for a short walk once you've got him attached; he'll probably like it better, at least until he gets used to it.

HTH
#7 of 7 Old 07-25-2004, 05:13 AM

You can also do the same basic hold, but instead of having the legs wrapped around your middle, bring both legs off to the side opposite your boob. This will "lay" baby down more and help us short-waisted mamas nurse more easily!

Jenrose, Mama to DD1, born 1993, DD2, born 2005, and DS1, Jan. 2012. Babywearing, cosleeping, homebirthing mom with fibromyalgia and hashimotos.  DD2 has a rare chromosome disorder. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page