I have settled on my favorite baby carrier. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 08-13-2004, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a toddler and a newborn. I have many carriers, including a backpack, a Baby Bjorn, an OTSBH, a Moby Wrap, a KKACP, a KKAFP, a mesh pouch, and a PIP.

They all have their purposes, and I truly like most of them, but I LOOOOOVE my PIP. Here's why:

-- Adjustable
-- Very easy to use
-- Not too "crunchy" looking
-- Stretchy, but not so stretchy that you're hiking it up
-- Doesn't dig into toddler's legs, even without padding
-- The fabric is such that it doesn't bunch up around your neck, like the KKACP has a tendency to do (because of the tapered fabric), and it doesn't have the tendency to slide down your shoulder, like the OTSBH and the KKAFP do. It spreads out nicely over your shoulder without restricting movement and without moving around.
-- Babies and toddlers love it -- I use it for tummy-to-tummy and the hip carry right now.
-- Other people (even mainstream people at the mall or playground) comment on it all the time, asking where they can get them and how they wished they had one. I had about five nurses crowded around me at the doctor's office the other day.

I feel so sad for the mama who makes these, and I feel a little guilty for recommending this carrier when they're so hard to get. Another WAHM needs to start making adjustable pouches from hemp fleece!

What is your favorite carrier right now and why?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page