Sutemi Pack--have one? Worth it? Where to buy at best price? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-19-2004, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am drooling over Sutemi Packs now--we've used a Sling-Ezee and a Maya Wrap, but the Maya isn't extremely comfy (DD is 22lbs or so) and I never got the hang of anything but the cradle hold with the Sling-Ezee.

Do any of you have a Sutemi? Like it? Is there somewhere online offering a deal on it? $75 is hard to swallow! I am tempted to buy one and not tell dh how much it was, hehehe.

Any thoughts or wisdom you can share would be great!
#2 of 4 Old 09-19-2004, 06:03 PM

we have a sutemi and are not huge fans, but here are a few reasons. our friend now uses it and is a HUGE fan.

i am very short-torsoed and i think that contributed to the sutemi not fitting well. i've heard this from other mammas too.

we love wearing ds on our backs (which we do now with our beloved kozy -- i know, LONG wait). with the sutemi we couldn't ever get him on our backs by ourselves, which was a big minus.

also, just aesthetically, i didn't like having the straps crossed across my chest -- but it's just a look thing.....

i'd look in some of the archives here, although i think they might be in the toddler or life with a babe threads to see what others have said.

good luck deciding!
megin (writing on my wife's account -- oops!)

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#3 of 4 Old 09-19-2004, 06:55 PM

I agree with pp. The straps on the Sutemi looked really weird to me when dc is on your back. I was trying to decide between an Ergo and Sutemi. I ended up with the Ergo. I love it! The fabric is great, durable on the outside and soft and cozy on the inside for baby! I know there are some on the TP for around $50. Good Luck!
#4 of 4 Old 09-21-2004, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

What if I wanted to use it for the hip carry? I don't know that I'd like her on my back...

Tags
Sutemi Pack Baby Carrier , Soft Structured Carriers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page