Mothering Forum banner

I'm big/big-busted, can I nurse in a sling?

737 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  lillaurensmomma 
#1 ·
I'm not a small woman and I also have pretty big boobs. I want to be able to nurse my baby in a sling but am a little scared of my boobs covering his airways. I want to use a maya-wrap. If you are or know of any big mammas that nurse in a sling please help me out!
BTW I'm new to babys,nursing and slings!

See less See more
#2 ·
I am really big - quite embrassingly so!!
However, I nursed my wee one from dot in the sling and then at 6 months in a LLL wrap, you'll need at least 6metres of fabric - it covers up all the bits you need to cover and when you become quite adapt at it nobody even knows you're nursing, I loved it and so did my dd
, I stopped carrying her a couple of weeks ago when I found out I was expecting No.2, (dd was two in August). You will need to support whichever boob you are nursing on with a hand so make sure that you have things accessible to the other hand such as purse, bus pass, hankies etc., other than that it is really easy and makes life so much more enjoyable. If you need anymore help or advice please PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

#4 ·
As I say look into the LLL Wraps, contact your nearest LLL leader or look up their website - it will last you from new babe to toddler. 6 Metres is the shortest length I would consider. If you need any other advice let me know as I have diagrams etc on tying, which I can email to you if you would like.

#5 ·
I am very big busted and have not been able to nurse in a sling. I cannot nurse dd without one hand holding my breast back from her nose in any position- I keep thinking "maybe when she's bigger"- she is 6 months now.

Good luck to you-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.