Freehand Mei Tai
Kozy on it's way
Mei Hip Carrier
Ergo

#32 of 59 Old 12-19-2004, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh yeah, we want a mei hip too, and i'm getting DH am cammo fleece Cwshti ABC for his birthday
#33 of 59 Old 12-19-2004, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama
Newest wrap: Bought 6 yards of fabric for $12, and that was enough to make a wrap for myself and my best friend. Paid an artist mama for her labour to make them beautiful.
i'd love to see a pic
#34 of 59 Old 12-19-2004, 05:37 PM

I have 4 right now. I have one WAHM made ring sling which I love, 2 homemade pouches (one out of a sheet and the other out of nice fabric I bought for sewing the sling) and a Snuggli. I use the ring sling all the time. The pouch from a sheet I only use around the house because it doenst look look as nice due to being made from a sheet LOL. The nice pouch I just finished today but I plan on wearing it all over the airport tomoorw and all over Puerto Rico in alternating rotaition with the ring sling. The snuggli was used alot for the first 3 months mf my dd's life before I got my ring lsing and I still have it because she is still within the weight limit and because its the only carrier my husband will wear. I really want a nice WAHM pouch maybe from hotslings and a mei tai or podegi for when she gets heavier and one shoulder gets uncomfortable.

momma to 8 yr old ddjoy.gif.  Furmom to our menagerie:   2dog2.gif , 1cat.gif, 2 goldfish.gif,  2 hamster.jpg,  and 1 silly rabbit. 

#35 of 59 Old 12-19-2004, 05:48 PM

When dd was first born we had a BB that dh liked.

A friend loaned me OTSBH and a Maya and I used the Maya for a few weeks and just didn't get the hang of it and never liked the OTSBH.

The main components of my stash are a Mom and Me hemp fleece PNP, a silk and velvet Sachi Mei Tai, and I have a Kozy on the way.

I want a wrap and have been so close to ordering a Pack-pack from Babyfairies about a million times and will probably break down after Christmas and order one as I am really feeling the ABC love.
#36 of 59 Old 12-19-2004, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binxsmom
i'd love to see a pic
I don't know how to post em, or I would show you. My babydaddy has a digital cam, so I could take one...
#37 of 59 Old 12-19-2004, 07:16 PM

I have about 15 rings slings and tube slings. My first sling was borrowed from my SIL, and my MIL took a look at it and decided to make me some. I like having a variety of patterns to choose from.
My current favorite is a fleece tube sling. I love it because it is so thick, and keeps DS warm, and the thickness acts as padding, keeping me from getting uncomfortable when he's in there a long time. I usually have him in the hip carry when we're out.
I think I kept him in the ring sling for the first few months of his life. I loved having him so close to me, and it was the only way I could get anything done.
#38 of 59 Old 12-19-2004, 07:41 PM

I've got 4 carriers/slings right now and for me they could become an obsession like shoes!

Baby bjorn: started out w/ this, ds & dh loved it. I loved having my hands free when taking him shopping. We just retired this one. Ds got too big

OTSBH: This one i picked really because i didnt know anything about slings at the time. Its very bulky and i should never have gotten black. My ds got way too hot in it in the sun.

MayaWrap: i've had it for 8 months and i finally figured it out & have been using it since the baby bjorn went into the outgrown it box in the closet. Its nice & light. I could see myself owning several of these. I love the different fabrics & colors.

Ergo: just got in the last month. Its very strappy but it distributes the weight very well and i can hold ds close in the cold.
#39 of 59 Old 12-19-2004, 08:15 PM

A baby bjorn and a sling eeze. That's it. I use my sling every day. I wash it at night and hang it to dry over night. My dd loves to face out in the baby bjorn. I have had the bjorn since ds#1 was born and the sling since ds#2 was born. They have such sentimental value to them.
#40 of 59 Old 12-19-2004, 08:28 PM

All I have are mei tais

Kozy
EBMT
Babyfairies
Doodlebugs
Freehand
one made for me by a friend

That's all of 'em
#41 of 59 Old 12-19-2004, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama
Often I think I only want one child, but when I think of NEVER AGAIN carrying somebody in my babycarriers, I think again!
:LOL I feel the same And to think I had never even heard of babywearing until I got my Maya at my babyshower.
#42 of 59 Old 12-20-2004, 12:48 AM

This is a list of all the carriers i've had ...

KKAFP: first i ever had and loved it but it was very very warm for me... couldn't use it in the house or in the summer time.... so i traded it for...

PIP: love this carrier it's the first i reach for and i take with us EVERYWHERE, i only wish i could get my hands on another one...

HOTSLING: pink cotten streach pouch, this was good in the early days when allison was born in Aug, but once it got a little chilly and we got the PIP i didn't really use it so i swaped it.

KOZY: had used 2 time and traded, couldn't get the hang of it, fabric was to "stif" for me to deal with (traded for diapers)

Fleese Wrap: Great for newborn stage but sold it once allison was 2 months and wanted to face out (hard to get wraps to work when you have a short torso)

Black WAHM ring sling (unpadded): this was the BEST i loved it so so much easy to nurse in and adjust!!! Used for nursing in public in the early days (long tail for coverage) (traded for diapers)

B/C
Zolo cotten ring sling: this replaced my back sling and i loved it just a little more only b/c it has a the pocket in the tail and is much better made.

Finally
Doodlebug silk: i use this when i need to give the kids a bath, do the dishes, long mall trips, when abby is needed to take a turn being carried my mama, or when i want to look pretty!!

My wish list:
ABC day to day (non silk)
padded hotsling
fleese hotsling
#43 of 59 Old 12-20-2004, 01:17 AM

Two ring slings and I use them rarely now

ETA: I forgot I have a backpack carrier too and we use it when hiking.
#44 of 59 Old 12-20-2004, 01:57 AM

Let see I have too many slings...LOL

2 Hotslings, one is fleece and the other is reversable black toile
1 Ellaroo Wrap
1 Didymos Wrap
1 Moby Wrap
1 Maya Wrap ring sling
1 Kozy
1 Mom & Me Creations PIP

I have a Sachi MT silk on the way

Janine, wife to Mark, mom to Ashlyn (11), Julianna (9), Andrew (3)
#45 of 59 Old 12-20-2004, 05:44 PM

I have a Mom and Me Pea in a Pod pouch and a Baby Bjorn Active Carrier.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the baby bjorn now that I have the PIP. I love it so much that I don't ever think I'll use the baby bjorn again!

Oh, I used a Nojo sling w/ ds1. It was ok. That was before I knew about MDC. I had no clue there was something as comfortable as a PIP out there!! :LOL
#46 of 59 Old 12-20-2004, 07:33 PM

We've got a Maya Wrap that I use occasionally, used a lot more when he was little.. and a Kozy that we use much more often now that he's bigger (and plus daddy will even use that.. he won't touch the Maya). I WOULD like to try a gauze wrap or something similar..
#47 of 59 Old 12-20-2004, 10:23 PM

I love reading what everyone has and what they like!
I have:
Sari Stretch Hotslings-love it
Fleece Hotslings-love it-use every day-favorite by far!
Boopa rappa-newba stretchy pouch-on it's way
Kozy-getting used it-body is a bit big for my taste but like it for chores around the house
Freehand mei tei-on it's way
wahm made ring sling-haven't tried it yet...
Baby Bundler wrap-haven't tried it yet...
Mei hip carrier-will use when babe is bigger
African BabyWrap-got this when I was first pregnant but now that I have all these others this one sits on a shelf since it's a little more work to put on

Wanting:
silk mei tei
a reversible Hotsling

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#48 of 59 Old 12-20-2004, 10:40 PM

i have~
an ergo
KKAFP (on the way)
ellaroo
Maya
hotsling
and i'm on the list for a Kozy! yay!
#49 of 59 Old 12-20-2004, 10:58 PM

My carrier stash has gone through some revisions, but I now have everything I want!

DH's carriers: Frame Tough Traveler backpack ($10 at a garage sale!)
Baby Trekker (also have an outgrown Bjorn DH loved)

My carriers:
WiseWoman sling
MomNMe PIP - 1st sling, used first when DS was one week old, still much loved!
Moby Wrap- heavy usage until about 20lbs, less so now
Gypsymama gauze wrap - still need practice with this
Kozy Carrier - love it, use it tons
Freehand MT - also love it, but selling to fund another carrier
MeiHip on the way
DISO used Ergo, might have a lead on one...

Then I'll have: one ringish sling, one pouch, one stretchy wrap, one woven wrap, one Mei Tai, the MeiHip, and an Ergo. Pretty well rounded stash!
#50 of 59 Old 12-21-2004, 01:37 AM

I have...

1 heart to heart padded sling that I used very single day from the day after DS was born until very recently DH liked it but it was very padded and WAY TOO HOT!

1 gauze wrap that I made and died

2 padded ring slings I found and value village (and planned to wash and gift to new mommies)

1 www.kidlets.com double sling wrap which is my new favorite... my MIL with a bad back wore 16 lb DS for 3 hours in it and said it didn't bug her back at all it is AWESOME, and super user friendly!

1 fleece wrap, I just made tonight it's nice.. like wearing a coze blanket... a must for these crazy Canadian winters!

1 ring sling that I made and have never used because it isn't wide enough

I want something dressy.. like an ABC with a nice silk front and black straps (I am fabric shopping for it right now)

I am addicted..
#51 of 59 Old 12-21-2004, 03:31 AM

I've narrowed it down to: 1 Ella Roo wrap, 1 Hug a Bub, 1 Maya ring sling, 1 Zolo silk sling, 1 missing Zolo cotton sling (can't find it anywhere!), 1 Kozy, 1 Ergo, 1 New Native, and 1 adjustable fleece pouch. :LOL
#52 of 59 Old 12-21-2004, 02:28 PM

I have a ring-sling I made, and a Heart-to-Heart that is on loan (which I really don't like, but do use when my regular sling is in the wash).

We also have a backpack, which is rarely used.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#53 of 59 Old 12-21-2004, 07:28 PM

This is a great thread to show ot my dh so he can see I am not the only one with a love for baby carriers!

OTSBH - not worn much anymore since i got all my others, mostly used as a back up

Hand made batik ring sling by a friend that I love!! It is very lightly padded around the rails which makes it perfect. I use this for quick in and outs.

Rev. Jan sling that whenever I wear it people just love the fabric and I love the long open tail.

Didymos, this was my first sling purchase after the otsbh and got me addicted to babywearing, right now I don't use it too much since I love the mei tais better right now.

Maya adjustable pouch this is my back up in case I forget a sling or one gets dirty

Ergo I only use this one for back carries and only if it will be for a long amount of time.

2 Sachi mei tai both brocade they are comfy and so beautiful I feel so dressed up when I wear them which is mostly to church or other nice places

Doodlebug mei tai this is one of my everyday carriers since the fabric is perfect for that

CuddlenCarry mei tai this one has extra wide straps and I use this one for front carries when shopping for long periods of time since it is super comfy straps

So that's only 10

My wish list is:
KKAFP
babyfairies mei tai
freehand mei tai
mama poncho
silk zolo

Kim Ann

Mama to 5 boys, 1 girl, and 2 dogs!
I'm getting sick of this world, I may need to live on a commune some where! I miss nursing!!!
#54 of 59 Old 12-22-2004, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenetabbie
MAybe if I made them it would be more affordable, but still the rings alone cost like $10, don;t they?
slingring.com they are lik $2.50 for a pr
#55 of 59 Old 12-22-2004, 09:31 PM

I have only 3 now....
A Silk Zolo (Red Brocade) www.ZoloWear.com LOVE LOVE LOVE ths sling! So comfy and warm!
A BabySpace Ap (Maroon) www.BabySpaceSlings.com Another sling I LOVE, this one stays in my bag.
A homemade ABC. My favorite for back carries, I hardly know she's back there!
#56 of 59 Old 12-23-2004, 10:10 PM

So far I have:
*a bjorn (DH loves it)
*Zolo sling

In my sewing basket to be finished I have:
*a mesh water ring sling
*an ABC

On my to-buy wish list:
*an Ergo
*a Girasol (or similar)
*some type of pouch
#57 of 59 Old 12-23-2004, 10:16 PM

I didn't even know so many options existed!

I have one KKAFP navy blue

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#58 of 59 Old 12-24-2004, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
All I have is my own slings (duh!) and a hotsling. I really can't see myself buying anymore slings because I can make them, I made an ABC then I gave it to my SIL. My kids are past the babywearing stage right now and no future babies anytime soon (single mama).

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#59 of 59 Old 12-24-2004, 12:19 PM

4...I think...

I have
an Infantino Sling....my first, which I loved but now it gets to be hard on my shoulder because ds is bigger.
a WAHM sling that I bought off the TP
2 my grandma made for me :LOL her first was made out of purple drapery material, the other is a super cute farm print that I picked out.

I also have a too small pouch and a never-been-used Snugli, but they don't count cause I've never used either

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page