EllaRoo vs Hug a Bub - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2005, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I LOVE the look of the Hug A Bub and it looks so comfy and yummy. (I am looking for a front forward facing hold) But now my 4 mo old DD must be close to 18-19 pounds - would I be better off with a non stretchy wrap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2005, 03:54 AM

I just ordered us an ellaroo, but i agree about the comfy yumminess of the hugabub...so i'm curious what others think

:

there is a great comparison on cottoncradles.com (which is where i ordered my ellaroo!)
Old 01-02-2005, 05:39 PM

I just wore my HaB Friday with my 22lb 19 month old, and the Ellaroo yesterday, so I have fresh comparisons for you! The HaB works great. Contrary to what many people report, I love knit wraps for my toddler (also love the Moby and the Simply Attached, made of microfleece.) I find them really cozy and comfortable, and easier to get "right" than woven wraps. I never wear baby facing out, though - never really liked that. I also rarely use a stretchy for back carries, though IME it is possible. But for tummy-to-tummy, especially at naptime, I think the stretchy wraps are my favorite. The Ellaroo is great, too, but it requires more fussing to eliminate pressure points, at least for me.

So for front carries, facing out especially, I would choose the HAB. But I think that front facing out gets uncomfortable quickly, so I would try getting baby used to facing in.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:12 PM

I too used both my HugABub and Ellaroo just the other day (with my 3mo old). I love them both. I think that the HaB is so cuddly for a small baby and easy, but I find the woven wraps almost just as easy.
I personally think that you really could benefit from both a stretchy and a woven wrap, as I think they each have their place!

Oh and cottoncradles rocks!!

Kelley, wife to Charlie, SAHM to Xian (8) Piper (7) Arah (4) Ever (2) Thrace (5.09)
: : : : : EC:

User Tag List