Mothering Forum banner

making my own wraparound sling

553 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Snowbaby 
#1 ·
I got a very nice cotton weave for really cheap to make my own wraparound sling (first timer!). It is 5 yards long and 60 inches wide. In my google search I found instructions that say it should be 28 inches wide and others say 45 inches wide. How do I decide what width to cut it down to? (I'm 5'4" and 150lbs) and is the length ok?

Thanks for any help. I'm eager to get it set up to wrap my baby around ... I know she will be in heaven since she already enjoys her tube sling!

#2 ·
Well I find closer to 28 inches wide to be easier to work with. It is wide enough to fit baby but not so wide as to be bulky. The lighter your fabric the wider you can go without it getting too cumbersome, but I'd do 35 inches max myself.

As for length, tie the front wrap cross carry with baby in it. I believe this is the carry that uses the most fabric. Any fabric that hangs down after you tie this carry is surplus. You might want to leave just a little extra to let baby grow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.