Should I get a Kozy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 03-01-2005, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 9 day old baby who loves being carried. I have a Maya wrap, an Ergo (which I used non stop with my last baby), and am borrowing a Sutemi from a friend. Baby loves the Maya but I love having the baby on my back which you can't do in an Ergo until they are at least four months old. We homeschool and getting back into the swing of things is proving more difficult than I thought. Anyway, I'm really attracted to the Kozy b/c you can put a newborn on the back. Reviews or advice welcomed!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 21 Old 03-01-2005, 08:09 PM

I'm on th elist- don't know when my number will come up. I say, get on the list and think it over.:LOL

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#3 of 21 Old 03-01-2005, 08:54 PM

: How far out is the list?

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#4 of 21 Old 03-01-2005, 08:57 PM

I dont' know for sure. I haven't heard back yet. I think it may be a month?

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#5 of 21 Old 03-01-2005, 08:59 PM

For a baby your age, I really prefer a wrap for back carries. Check out http://www.mamatoto.org. I think as the baby gets older, than the mei tais will work, too.

Tereasa
#6 of 21 Old 03-01-2005, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

A waiting list, huh? Hmm, I'm against that. I'm an instant gratification gal, :LOL I'll have to look at the other things mentioned here. Thanks!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#7 of 21 Old 03-01-2005, 09:45 PM

they're easy to make!
#8 of 21 Old 03-01-2005, 11:17 PM

i loved my hug-a-bub when lilah was a newborn. it kept her very secure so i could do things with both hands. i had her in front though- not sure when you can put them on your back.

congratulations on baby samuel!!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#9 of 21 Old 03-05-2005, 04:59 AM

I was on the list for almost 2 months. Nicely made.
#10 of 21 Old 03-05-2005, 05:33 AM

I just ordered my 2nd one! I want one that will just live in the car and another for outings, etc. They said the wait right now is 3-4 weeks. I LOVE our first one! They're great! Much better for me than the Ergo which killed my shoulders.

J

First and foremost, Mama to Owen blahblah.gif (7/21/04), Annalieseenergy.gif  (7/29/09), and somebody new bigeyes.gif  (due Feb 2012), and wife to Andrew (9/12/98). Also passionate about and loving the work I do in Organizational Development.

#11 of 21 Old 03-05-2005, 11:08 AM

I could not use any MT when my son was tiny, but MTs like the Kozy are really great for older babies IMHO. If you got on the list, you'd have one in time for when you'd need it most.

And I know that Kelley is working furiously to reduce the wait. But when you have a great product, people will line up to get it, KWIM?
#12 of 21 Old 03-05-2005, 12:10 PM

Congrats! I was going to order a Kozy but didn't want to wait that long so I ordered a Sachi (www.sachicarriers.com). She has several nice ones in stock and is working on natural ones this weekend. I emailed her and she said as long as I ordered one with natural straps she could get it out to me on Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait! Good luck.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#13 of 21 Old 03-10-2005, 05:45 PM

Oh, and holy macaroni! Nine days old! Give yourself a break. Birth takes time to recover from!

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#14 of 21 Old 03-10-2005, 10:29 PM

yahoo has a babywearingSWAP group and a kozy comes up every few days

:
#15 of 21 Old 03-11-2005, 03:28 AM

I love my Kozy, in fact I bought a second one. It's very comfy with a newborn although I haven't figured out the back carry yet.
#16 of 21 Old 03-11-2005, 10:01 AM

I just received an AngelPack (attachedtot.com) which is similar to the Kozy. I love it! But, I'm not sure I would put a newborn in the back carry. It is super comfy though and easy to bf in. I guess I would rather a strechy wrap like the Moby for a newborn though. Get one for down the road maybe. Def the best carrier I have.
#17 of 21 Old 03-12-2005, 12:08 AM

I have several slings/wraps, but fav for a small baby(or any size for that matter is the pouch style from kangarookorner.com. SUPER soft and comfy in fleece or cotton(fleece is the most comfy). And you don't have to mess with rings!! I would encourage anyone to try one.
#18 of 21 Old 03-13-2005, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You can put a tiny one on your back in the Maya very easily in a cradle carry, if that's your only concern.

But I HIGHLY recommend a Kozy anyway, I have a Kozy and a Maya and vascillate between them for which I use the most.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#19 of 21 Old 03-14-2005, 05:05 AM

My answer to "Should I get a Kozy" is almost always "Yes!"

I just got a silk one... it's *so* gorgeous... just drop dead knockout beautiful. Prettiest carrier I've ever seen, bar none. They're well made and easy-to-use, too. My first Kozy now lives with my cousin because she saw me wear her son in it and it took her less than 30 seconds to figure it out...and she got the back carry without even any lessons. Just sorta *did* it. Her son at 9 months old had been out of ring slings for a while and was a stroller baby...how could I *not* send her home with my Kozy, knowing I had another one on the way before this baby was going to get here?

Now, at 9 days old, the wait list shouldn't be too much of a problem--I think the Kozy really comes into its own when baby hits 3-4 months or even a little older. Not a bad carrier for a newborn, just not my fave. But considering that I can wear a 6-year-old in a Kozy... the longevity of the carrier makes it SO worth it.

Jenrose, Mama to DD1, born 1993, DD2, born 2005, and DS1, Jan. 2012. Babywearing, cosleeping, homebirthing mom with fibromyalgia and hashimotos.  DD2 has a rare chromosome disorder. 

#20 of 21 Old 03-14-2005, 04:32 PM

I don't think the wait is really too long . . .I'm not positive, but I think I was on the waiting list since early February, and my Kozy is now ready to be shipped out.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#21 of 21 Old 03-15-2005, 04:16 PM

I LOVE MY KOZY!

I was only on the waiting list for about a month, in fact I did it on a lark and was surprised at how quickly they got back to me.

It's fantastic. I love it. I can't imagine life before it.

Worth every penny!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page