Recommendations - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-12-2005, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, Im kinda new to carriers. With my first two, I pretty much just carried them "in arms" 24/7 but with a five mo old and a two year old, I really NEED something that lets me get my hands free and still carry him.

He weighs 21lbs and is 28inches long so I have not been able to adjust him comfortably in my maya wrap. I also have a snuggli which works but is a lot of work with straps getting him in and out of plus even though my hands are free, I dont feel like I can really do much, I cant bend or lean over or lift things. Is there a carrier which would let me or should I just not do those things while wearing him? I really wanted to clean out/organize the babies closets this weekend, but didnt feel secure bending and lifting while wearing the snuggli.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! THanks!

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#2 of 4 Old 06-13-2005, 03:11 AM

A wrap or mai tai would be great. I think a mei tai is a bit easier/faster to learn so would point you towards them first. They are so versatile and secure. You can wear him on your back or front. I'm amazed at what I can get done with my 7 mos old on my back in my mei tai (but don't tell my DH ) I can do laundry, sweep, clean, put things away, etc-you name it.

Here are a few to look at to get an idea:
www.sachicarriers.com
http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/annabearbabyware/
www.kozycarrier.com

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#3 of 4 Old 06-13-2005, 04:11 AM

I second the recommendation for a Mei Tai. They have to be my all around favorite carrier.

Amy
#4 of 4 Old 06-15-2005, 01:56 AM

me too could not live without a mei tai.
also i love the hotsling. i think it is awesome,cool and verstitile. very well made and easy for the up/down stages.(and even though it isn't "adjustable" there are a few tricks.
i just love mine.
and of course wraps are super verstitile www.mamatoto.org
good luck mama.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page