Yay I made a podegi style carrier and it was toddler-friendly! (with pics) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-13-2005, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I rarely come in here because I thought I was kind of beyond the baby-wearing age with my 25lb (ish) 20 month old : but this weekend we decided to join some people for an impromptu trip into DC for a rally in support of the one.org / bono/u2 africa crisis thing. We parked near the arlington cemetary and walked to the lincoln memorial (around the construction so that added a bit to the trip.) It was definately several miles - I think 3 ish each way. Anyways I had made a modified version of a podegi carrier a while ago and luckily had it in the diaper bag and just strapped her on for the hike. It was GREAT! No back pain/shoulder pain. I had my hands in my pockets or hooked my thumbs in the front or sometimes she had her arms around me and held my hands ( : ).

You can see pics here:

http://www.bulanow.com/pete/MHatW4J/MHatW4J.html

I had no idea that it would be comfortable! The guys that went with us were asking me all about natural parenting and it was really great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page