Mothering Forum banner

What slings/carriers do you use for 1 yr +

473 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  emmalala 
#1 ·
Just curious

I have a mei hip and an ergo which I love. I have a maya which I do not like. Just curious what others use for babes 1 and older. I'd love something simple (like a pouch) but just not sure it's great or useful at the age we are at now :LOL

See less See more
#2 ·
My baby girl will be one in a week and we still love our hotsling. But she is tiny (about 16-17 lbs) and can even still sit inside it facing forwards or sideways. LOL

With my DS who is 3 years old and about 27 lbs, I wore him today in the grocery store in my freehand mei tai (www.freehandbaby.com).
I can also comfortably wear him in my Christy's Creations (www.christyscreations.com) sling or Mommy Couture sling (www.mommycouture.com). I have one pouch I sometimes wear him in too, from Mommy Couture. He won't let me put him in my Hotslings pouch because it's the mod floral print, and he's convinced it's for his baby sister (mommy, that's a GIRL holder). ha ha

I do find the mei tais or podegis most comfortable for longer periods though. Oh! I had a my bei bei carrier (www.mybeibei.com I think? or www.freehandbaby.com) and it was really comfy with him and my baby girl both, too.

I'm rambling... lol

#3 ·
OH my Mei Tai is something I cant do with out with my 21 month old! I LOVE my pouch too for quick in and outs....but for anything longer than 15-20 minutes its my Mie Tai...and I just started doing Podegi's and WOW....now I have two choices...I love them both, very easy to use both for me and supper comfy with him on my back, on my front or even in the hip carry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.