Opinions of the new ergo? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 09-21-2005, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've only done front carry with it (DD is 5 months) but I love it...and I get her in and out fast.

I still haven't tried the back carry - can I do that with an almost 6 month old baby? Is it hard to get her in on my own?

Mama to DS (8) and DD (7) Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement.

#32 of 51 Old 09-28-2005, 06:07 PM

Yes it's easy putting dd on your back after a little practice. You'll get used to it. Give it a try if you feel dd is big enough and is able to hold his/her head up. I suggest that if you feel uncomfortable doin it at this age then wait a couple months and then go ahead and try.
#33 of 51 Old 09-30-2005, 04:26 PM

I had the new one, and sold if after getting a MeiTai - I thought it was no good.

However, for those who love Ergo, I have heard many rave about the older one, and say that you cannot use the hip carry comfortably anyways.

I like the inside of the old ergo better - the new Butterfly design was hideous!
#34 of 51 Old 10-10-2005, 10:30 PM

They have recently came out with the solid lining if you don't like the printed lining. They are also coming out with an organic denim carrier. Sounds really great!! Give it a try!!!
#35 of 51 Old 10-10-2005, 10:34 PM

Got this from the Ergo press release room.............During the first weeks of Hurricane Kartrina we tried to reach the Red Cross, Salvation Army and United Way to find a way to donate carriers to the suffering, displaced parents and children of the disaster. Then on September 15, through the ‘coconut wireless’ (a local Maui term) we received an email from Sandi Degeyter, the Volunteer/Intake Coordinator for Acadiana Outreach Center in Lafayette, LA saying, “we have gotten calls from shelters asking for baby carriers.” “God answers all of our prayers and you have just provided one of them”. We simultaneously located The Star of Hope Women and Family Emergency Shelter in Houston, TX and Agape Warehousing in Kentucky arranged shipping for 252 carriers and 254 carriers were shipped directly from Hawaii. The Agape Service Foundation is a non-profit organization that helps hundreds of thousands people a year and we are very grateful for their assistance...........Isn't this great!!!
#36 of 51 Old 10-11-2005, 12:58 AM

That's awesome! I love my Ergo, and I'm glad they're helping out moms affected by Katrina. Thanks for sharing.
#37 of 51 Old 10-11-2005, 10:11 AM

Horray for them! It's so good to hear of a company giving back!
#38 of 51 Old 10-14-2005, 08:30 PM

The company as a whole has integrity.........We do research...we have a reason to call it the Ergo and we are able to explain and demonstrate what it means and how it works!!....we visited the maunfacturer..and know that it is not a sweat shop...We have a good relationship with them.....We are continuing to grow together....

We also provide excellent customer service!! We walk you step by step, we go above and beyond to assure customer satisfaction...I challenge you to try us!! Purchase an ergo today and you will experience the excellence in customer service & the best quality in an ERGO baby Carrier Inc.....

Happy baby wearing
#39 of 51 Old 10-15-2005, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya
The company as a whole has integrity.........We do research...we have a reason to call it the Ergo and we are able to explain and demonstrate what it means and how it works!!....we visited the maunfacturer..and know that it is not a sweat shop...We have a good relationship with them.....We are continuing to grow together....

We also provide excellent customer service!! We walk you step by step, we go above and beyond to assure customer satisfaction...I challenge you to try us!! Purchase an ergo today and you will experience the excellence in customer service & the best quality in an ERGO baby Carrier Inc.....

Happy baby wearing

This is the reason that I feel comfortable selling Ergo's in the store, hte company as a whole has always been positive, friendly, and helpful! It's a product that I tried, love, and want to share with others.
#40 of 51 Old 10-17-2005, 11:20 AM

Thanks tanya for the hip carry instructions- I'll have to test it out.

I've been using the new one for a month now and am having a few problems. DD is 9 months and the back seems too high on her for her arms to come over and oout so she ends up sticking them under the armstraps and hugging me ( nice, but I'm wondering how confortable it is)
I've also been getting a numb right arm sometimes when I've had her in it for more than an hour- anyone else get this?

Sounds like ergo is a great ethical brand
#41 of 51 Old 10-17-2005, 03:16 PM

Ds also puts his arms under the straps and has never complained about it!
#42 of 51 Old 10-18-2005, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I think I am ready to buy one of these!
has anyone use the accessories? they have a sale on right now if you buy the diaper bag and the tote... the diaper bag I could use but I'm not sure about the tote, does the carrier fit in the tote? has anyone seen these irl? what did you think? I've been resisting buying a diaper bag but theirs seems nice. also, does everyone buy it from their website or are their WAHMs selling them from their online stores?

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#43 of 51 Old 10-19-2005, 09:50 PM

The Carrier does fit in the tote bag.... The accessories are originally designed by Karin Frost....the designer and owner of the Ergo Baby Carrier Inc. If you have any questions feel free to ask I am a representative of the Ergo Baby Carrier. INC. Have a great day!!
#44 of 51 Old 10-19-2005, 11:44 PM

I just wanted to say that I used my new ergo at the zoo this past Friday and it was WONDERFUL! I have a maya wrap and a mama's milk pouch, both of which my dd absolutely hates! I bought the ergo because I had heard good things about it here on MDC. Friday was the true test.

I wore my 4.5 mo, 14 lb dd in it for 4 hours and nursed in it twice during that time period. Then I wore my 19 mo 24 lb ds in it for about 2 hours. They both loved being next to mommy, and I loved having free hands. No numb arms, no sore back, no achy neck from carrying babies. It was great. Seriously, my back and shoulders did not hurt at all after wearing my kids all day long. It worked really well for all three of us.
#45 of 51 Old 10-20-2005, 08:40 PM

That's just great!!!!! Wow you really put that carrier to work that day huh? Well congratulations...I'm glad that you really enjoy the carrier. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!!!!! Happy Baby Wearing!
#46 of 51 Old 10-23-2005, 01:17 AM

Okay sounds like I need to get one! Any suggestions on who has best pricing?

After today I'll do just about anything to get one! We've used the New Native when dd was a few weeks and liked it, but now she's almost 6 mo. and we have Maya and this other ring sling (Can't remeber the name) these aren't working!

I wore the other ring sling today for a couple hours and now I'm paying the price,my neck & shoulders are so sore I feel like I've been run over by an 18 wheeler! Holy mother I never thought I could feel this sore/in pain from a sling!

I've gotta get something else ASAP!~ :
#47 of 51 Old 10-23-2005, 11:37 PM

I have to say that the Ergo is my carrier workhorse. I wear my dd for chores around the house and errands because it's so easy to take on and off. DD is 20 pounds (9 mo) and doesn't hurt my back in the Ergo; I can wear for 1-2 hours before my back starts to get a little sore, which for me, is fantastic. I have some other carriers that are prettier (and great for when dd was younger), but the Ergo is the most comfortable and functional for me these days.

In response to some of the other posters' questions: Dd sometimes has both arms inside the carrier and seems fine/comfy. I haven't ever had my arm go numb. I also use my tote all the time, and it's great. I can easily fit the Ergo and a few other odds and ends (like a toy and diaper).

To Tanya, the tote is almost perfect, but I suggest adding a magnetic button (like the kind some purses have) so that I could have the option of closing the tote. It would be a nice touch for when I just have the carrier in the tote--I could toss the tote in the backseat of my car and know the carrier won't fall out (not that it ever has, but I like the idea of knowing that it wouldn't lol!).
#48 of 51 Old 10-26-2005, 02:10 PM

Just stopping in to post a pic of dd nursing in the ergo while we were at the zoo. Some people say its hard to nurse in, but we didn't have any trouble.

Isn't she cute! I also posted this pic on the bf forum.

http://themurdocks.shutterfly.com/ac...=1130345934106
#49 of 51 Old 10-27-2005, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofelise
I have to say that the Ergo is my carrier workhorse. I wear my dd for chores around the house and errands because it's so easy to take on and off. DD is 20 pounds (9 mo) and doesn't hurt my back in the Ergo; I can wear for 1-2 hours before my back starts to get a little sore, which for me, is fantastic. I have some other carriers that are prettier (and great for when dd was younger), but the Ergo is the most comfortable and functional for me these days.

In response to some of the other posters' questions: Dd sometimes has both arms inside the carrier and seems fine/comfy. I haven't ever had my arm go numb. I also use my tote all the time, and it's great. I can easily fit the Ergo and a few other odds and ends (like a toy and diaper).

To Tanya, the tote is almost perfect, but I suggest adding a magnetic button (like the kind some purses have) so that I could have the option of closing the tote. It would be a nice touch for when I just have the carrier in the tote--I could toss the tote in the backseat of my car and know the carrier won't fall out (not that it ever has, but I like the idea of knowing that it wouldn't lol!).
Thats a great idea.....I feel the same way...I will bring this idea up to Karin Frost the owner and designer of the company...And let you if we move forward with it!....Thanks Tanya
#50 of 51 Old 11-12-2005, 12:52 PM

I think i'm convinced to get one. I think i'll spring for the new one. Just have to come up with the dough. Can't wait for a back pain free carrying experience. I've even heard that it is more comfy than a kelty backpack for hiking. Any experience with this?
#51 of 51 Old 11-12-2005, 03:15 PM

My parents are getting me one for my birthday in two weeks. Though it's a little selfish, because my dad wants to carry DS in this run/walk we do Thanksgiving morning, and when I told him stroller weren't allowed he jumped all over getting the ergo for me (and him) to use!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page