Zolo... vs. Hotsling... vs. Sprout Pouch - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-12-2006, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i want a new pouch sling for our new babe, but am stuck between these three- zolo, sprout pouch, and hotsling.

anyone know any key differences, or does it really come down to who has the color/pattern i like?

couldn't find any reviews on Sprout Pouches, but they look nice....

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-12-2006, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd love to know, too. I have a Zolo ring sling (), and don't think there's a type of Zolo I *haven't* wished for! The Sprout Pouch looks beautiful, too. I already have a KKACP (), but it's a different sort of pouch than Hotslings or Sprout Pouch, I think. I'm a little nervous to try the hotsling-style pouch because I've never used it before! Everyone makes it look so easy, though! I'm not certain, but there's mention of the Zolo pouch being adjustable, so it may be more like the KKACP. Hmm...

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#3 of 5 Old 02-12-2006, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

the basics of a pouch seem hard to stray too far from, though i suppose some really are better made and have a nicer fit than others. there are tons of hotsling advocates, so i'd like to hear from those who have a hotsling and a zolo. sprout pouch seems to be new...

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#4 of 5 Old 02-12-2006, 08:51 PM

Yep, Zolos are ring slings and they are fully adjustable, although they also carry a pouch sling like a Hotsling or Sprout Pouch that is not adjustable. The bonus to a pouch sling is that it is simple and you know it fits. The bonus to a ring sling is that anyone can wear it and you can adjust it tighter for positions like the hip carry.

Yes, I would say the difference is quality. If the product has been around for awhile, it is probably really well made. And everyone loves Hotslings. If it has not been around for awhile, they may not have sizing down yet. I have never heard anything about Sprout Pouch, although they look nice.

But yep, usually it comes down to the print you fall in love with.

Hope you find that one you love!
Stacey
#5 of 5 Old 03-15-2006, 05:36 AM

:

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page