If we're babywearing do we need a stroller? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-20-2006, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in Philly, too. I have 2 strollers, but I sling DS most times. I use my jogger for exercising a lot, but my other stroller is a great to carry my shopping bags. But somedays my back needs a break or I feel all touched out and need a break. I agree though- wait to see how you do once your baby comes along.

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
We have two strollers and haven't used them yet (ds is 5 months). Well, I guess one time at the zoo we used one to put our heavy backpack in while we wore ds That was kind of nice actually. I am still keeping a hold of them b/c once ds is in that "walk-no carry me-now I want to walk-now I'm tired" phase I think it could come in handy. Plus, when we have another babe (whom I will want to be carrying) then ds can go in it if he's tired too. I think they will still come in handy yet

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
Old 06-30-2006, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks again for all the great advice. It's so helpful to hear everyone's experiences. We're definitely going to wait on the stroller, and though I think we're getting a maya wrap as a gift, we just ordered a KKCP for my husband and I to share -- he saw a KKFP at our childbirth class and loved it, tried it out with the doll and everything
Old 06-30-2006, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Here it is:
Old 06-30-2006, 12:00 PM

i don't think anyone mentioned this, but i'd see if you could borrow one or buy one gently used if you do decide to get one. here they're in the bargain sheet every week for usually around $25 (strollers that you'd pay like $200 for new) and they're really gently used b/c most people are getting rid of them after only 1 kid.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:55 AM

i bought a stroller before i bought a sling. needless to say the stroller doesn't get a *lot* of use but ds likes it a lot better than the sling. I'm not rushing out to buy a double stroller though...ds#1 walks well enough that i dont need to put both of them in the stroller at the same time. and if i do go anywhere with them both i'll be wearing ds#2

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)

User Tag List