Just got a Sutemi - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-14-2006, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have tried every kind of pack, pouch, sling, MT, wrap etc I could get my hands on. And the Sutemi is awesome. It corrects the things about ergo and patapum that I did not like. It is not as quick as a pouch or sling BUT it is way more comfortable on my back and shoulders (I have a bad lower back disc). I love it! I walked around last night for 2 hours with my daughter in it and my back felt totally fine when I took her out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-16-2006, 08:56 PM

Thats great! May I ask what it was about the Ergo & Patupum that you didn't like? Do you think those problems were specific to you and that one should try out all 3 to see what works for them or were they more general concerns?

Thanks.
#3 of 3 Old 06-21-2006, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry..just saw this.

The sutemi has just the right amount padding. Not too much and not too little on the waist and shoulders. The padding feels firm but not hard. The sleep hood design is awesome. The straps crossing vs going parallel makes it feel so much more comfortable. I could not get an ergo or patapum to feel right, even after having someone else help me adjust it. I can get the sutemi on and adjust myself. The sutemi corrected all of the flaws (imo) of the ergo and patapum. I just carried my daughter around for 3 long days in NYC and never wished for a stroller.

I just think it is easier and faster to get on than a MT and more comfortable.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page