Need help with new ERGO carrier - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-16-2006, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds is a small 6 mo. and I just got the ERGO carrier. I've used it a few times and the front position works great when he's asleep, but I find he gets frustrated in that position if he's awake because he wants to be looking around. He used to sit in a Maya ring sling all the time and lately it has been in the front-facing position. He LOVES to check out everything. SO...what I'm asking is if anyone has had that experience. Should I try him in the back position? He's a little guy...only about 13lbs or so. I tried the side position today and I don't think I had it done correctly and he got a bit frustrated there, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2006, 06:39 PM

I think a baby does okay being worn on the back once he is able to or close to being able to sit up alone. Also, it's probably not strictly by-the-rules, but I found that if I put a folded blanket or two in the carrier to boost her up, I could sit DD up in it with her legs crossed and facing outward. Not something you'd see on the Ergo website, but it worked and she seemed snug enough.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 09-16-2006, 07:37 PM

You could try your Ergo in a front facing carry. On TBW, a mama did it with her 10 month old and posted some pics: http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/s...ght=ergo+front
Old 09-16-2006, 09:09 PM

Oh, that looks cool!

Tags
Ergo Baby , Soft Structured Carriers , Ergo Baby Carrier Camel W Camel , Ergo Baby Carrier Cranberry W Cranberry
User Tag List