Got my Suse's Kindercoat today--LOVE IT!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2007, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyslipper View Post
The children's needs store took the coat back to repair the zippers...We will see if this works.

I forgot to update about the coat. I received a call quickly from the kindercoat guy about the zippers. He said I could replace them with the smaller zippers but I kept the big zippers. He was very nice and explained that he fixed the zipper problem and to email or call him if I had anymore problems. Very good customer service. He even sent me a christmas DVD with the coat. So I was able to wear the coat around and got lots of comments on it being a good idea. IT kept me warm enough in 5 degree weather, I had to stop wearing it though because the temps have dropped below 0 to -20 without counting windchill. I have been wearing the inner liner in the house and I did start liking the coat better especially because I tucked the strings away and shortened them. I still love the idea, and am going to hold on to this coat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I forgot to update about the coat. I received a call quickly from the kindercoat guy about the zippers. He said I could replace them with the smaller zippers but I kept the big zippers. He was very nice and explained that he fixed the zipper problem and to email or call him if I had anymore problems. Very good customer service. He even sent me a christmas DVD with the coat. So I was able to wear the coat around and got lots of comments on it being a good idea. IT kept me warm enough in 5 degree weather, I had to stop wearing it though because the temps have dropped below 0 to -20 without counting windchill. I have been wearing the inner liner in the house and I did start liking the coat better especially because I tucked the strings away and shortened them. I still love the idea, and am going to hold on to this coat.
Was that Kurt? I had to return my coat to a guy in Utah named Kurt. He is replacing my coat with a new one. Yay!

Leslie, mom to John :, 02/25/06
::::
Old 01-08-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieB View Post
Was that Kurt? I had to return my coat to a guy in Utah named Kurt. He is replacing my coat with a new one. Yay!
sounds like the same guy...very nice.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
sounds like the same guy...very nice.
My replacement coat came yesterday so he sent it out fast. Now I'm just hoping this one holds out through the winter. I will probably have all the zippers replaced in the spring.

Leslie, mom to John :, 02/25/06
::::
Old 01-09-2007, 07:09 PM
ber

I got a Kindercoat a few months ago and noted similar problems as a lot of you mentioned - cheap-ish snaps and zippers, at the top of the list.

While I was going through each piece of the coat, two metal pieces fell out. My DH and I looked over each snap on the coat, and even though the pieces appeared to be parts of snaps, it seemed that my coat was intact. So hopefully it's all good.

I also was a little nervous about the black shell's durability. At first, the drawstrings were really stuck inside their tracks, and I had to mess with them a little bit before they would move enough to tighten. While I was doing that, I was a little afraid about tearing the shell.

The drawstrings dangling everywhere drive me a little nuts, but I saw someone else said they had shortened them, so maybe I'll try that too.

I haven't tried the coat while babywearing because I'm preggo and just haven't had to wear DS in a while. But I'm looking forward to wearing it this winter/spring w/the new baby.

So far, it's been a great pregnancy coat though.

M, mom to DS1 (8 yrs), DS2 (5 yrs), and DS3 (2 yrs).

Old 01-17-2007, 11:41 AM

I want to add another tip for getting the coat off when you have an arms-out baby on your back. This only works for the ergo, though.

-remove your arms from the coat so it is just hanging down around her.

-Then move the whole Ergo around to your front, Ergo, coat, baby, and all.

-From there you just take the coat off the Ergo and take the baby out of the Ergo as you would normally do.

HTH someone!

User Tag List