Hi, I know you've chosen the Beco (which looks really lovely - kind of an Ergo/Mei Tai best bits!)... but having been reading the board for a while decided to register when I read this thread.
I own both a Wilkinet and an Ergo so thought I could give a my own for and against for both of them... (and these are just my own humble opinion of course... but thought it might help)
+ It's really, really comfortable (definitely the most comfortable front carrier I've used). It seems to mould round you and the baby creating a real cocoon feel.
+ Like a lot of well designed slings it distributes the weight very evenly and doesn't drag or dig in anywhere.
+ Has lots of head support and protection for baby - also holds them in the 'frog' position
+ It folds up small for going in the car or the coat hooks
+ It has a facing out on the front position - my son's favourite when he was about 5 months (he loved 'flirting' with anyone who would give him a smile)
+ Transfers baby's weight onto hips and legs (not shoulders and neck)
- It does take a little practice to learn (but don't all decent slings?) but once you've learnt it it's like second nature
- It has a back carry position, but it's not as good a back carrier as an Ergo for older kids. I still carried my 18 month old in the Wilkinet, but now he's two I tend to only use the Ergo
+ The most comfortable back carrier I've ever used (I borrowed a Karrimor the other day and couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was!)
+ Design means the weight goes onto your hips/legs (I love the way the baby basically sits on the waist band)
+ Clips in the right places - it's nice to find a carrier with clips that don't dig in and make it simpler to use
- Not great for young babies - I know they've got the insert, but it's still not as good as the Wilkinet or other slings
- Because it carries the child so low they don't have much of a view (my son often leans to the side to see round me)
- It's a bit big and clumsy for storage compared to way other sligns can fold up small to go in a bag.
Of the two if I had to choose a favourite it would be the Wilkinet, but given we're never just restricted to one sling
then I'm happy to own both.
Hope that helps, and hope you enjoy your Beco!