Ergo newborn insert? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have several slings that I used with my first, as he liked to be hidden from view for the first few months, but the slings being on only one shoulder hurt my back. I'm expecting #2 in may. We also have an ergo, which I used mainly as a backpack and loved loved loved. I'm wondering- does the ergo insert really hold baby snugly? Baby looks so exposed. But I'm thinking I could carry baby more if I had a 2-shoulder way to do it... do any of you have the infant insert, and do you like it? Do your babies like it?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-08-2007, 02:55 AM

It doesn't hold baby to your chest AT ALL. You could fold up a blanket to do the same thing. I have one I need to get rid of if you really want one
#3 of 7 Old 03-08-2007, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm. That's what I was afraid of. Is there a sling that is 2-shouldered that itsn't a big long wrap?
#4 of 7 Old 03-08-2007, 08:02 PM

You can wear a newborn in a mei tai. Kozy carrier has some good instructions on how to do that: http://www.kozycarrier.homestead.com...tml#anchor_285
#5 of 7 Old 03-11-2007, 07:26 PM

We love our infant insert, I mean *LOVE* IT! We put 4 month old dd to sleep in it each night. IT is so easy to get her from the Ergo to our bed. I like it better than a towel because it has a little more structure and doesn't bunch up. But I agree that baby wearing is so personal. It has been great for us, I say give it a try, you may love it too.
#6 of 7 Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM

The Ergo with newborn insert can get quite warm for the baby. Depending on where you are located, it may not be the best choice
#7 of 7 Old 03-13-2007, 12:06 AM

You could also just try baby tummy to tummy with legs froggied inside the Ergo. I helped a mama with her 2 week old and, with a small, folded blanket to take some of the extra space, baby looked great and went right to sleep.

See this website for how-to: http://www.the-ergo-lady.com/learn-e...t_in_the_Ergo_

M'Liss

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page