Ring sling and a newborn - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-02-2007, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I have been trying to figure out my ring sling (and also a wrap I have). He seems happy in there, but all squishy, and he's too low. I see all these pictures and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the fabric to work right. Anyone have a step by step of how to get it right? I'm interested in the tummy to tummy (he sleeps well like that) and also a cradle carry that isn't at my hip! (that is were he always ends up somehow, and I haven't seen a picture like that so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong!).

Also any advice on the wrap. Do you try to tie it with the baby on you? Or do you get it all set up and drop baby in? I am not normally this inept at things, maybe it's still baby brain!

Thanks,

Julie

Julie ~ homesteading, Traditional Catholic, wife to Chip, mom to Angelbaby(4-06), DS (3-07), and DD (11-09).
#2 of 3 Old 04-03-2007, 02:23 PM

No advice, as I feel the same way about my ring sling. I was never able to get it right with dd, now ds is always bopping his head out in the cradle carry and way too low. I cant seem to adjust the fabric when he's in there. I will eagerly await comments with you mama...
#3 of 3 Old 04-03-2007, 02:33 PM

For ring sling help, check out Darien's YouTube videos on using ring slings & pouches (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=zolowear)

For Wrap help, check out Tracy's videos (http://www.wearyourbaby.com/Default.aspx?tabid=173). Sometimes I pretie the wrap and then put baby in, other times I hold baby and tie the wrap around us, it all depends on temperment of the kiddo at the time.

Other than that, do you have a NINO group near you where you can get some in-person troubleshooting help?
http://www.nineinnineout.org/localgroups.htm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page