Tips for getting toddler onto my back? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-16-2007, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 20 weeks pg, and my pubic bone is starting to separate already (it started at 21 weeks with DS) so wearing 20mo DS on my hip is becoming very painful because it throws off my center of gravity and pushes my hips out of whack.

I made us a Mei Tai a year ago but DS absolutely hated it, to the point where he'd run away and cry if I got it out! So I recently gave it to a friend whose baby loves it. I would REALLY like to try to get DS onto my back for long walks and outings - we walk outside a lot where a stroller just isn't practical, and besides he just wants to be carried the whole time.

I think I'm going to head to the fabric store and try to find some good wrap fabric, but I think my biggest obstacle will be getting him interested in getting on my back, and happy to stay there for a while. Any tips?

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
#2 of 2 Old 04-16-2007, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Involve him in the process? Take him when you go get the fabric for the *special new carrier*? When you put him on your back, ask him to jump up into your arms himself, or climb up on your back while you sit or squat? The first few times, give him a special snack or toy to hold? The important thing for my dd is that she always know she can get down whenever she wants to, so a wrap works less well for us than the ergo or mei tai, but you can get pretty quick with a wrap, too.

Pregnant and/or breastfeeding since May, 2004, with dd6, ds4, and dd born 9/11.
We homeschool.gif.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page