How many carriers do you own/need? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have well... let's just say alot LOL But, if I think 2 would be plenty I'd want a ring sling and a mei tai if I were to narrow it down

Suzanne~ wife to Jesse, Momma to 3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2007, 07:27 PM

I have two: a ring sling and a Mei Tai. I could probably do fine with just the Mei Tai, since DD doesn't like the sling very much.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:05 PM

I have:

A snugli newborn sling (not the front carrier)

A Kissasling with a padded shoulder

A Maya Wrap

A mesh watersling by TaylorMadeTreasures

A batik ringsling by TaylorMadeTreasures

An Ergo

Amy & DH, homeschooling Mama to
DD 9 love.gif DS 7 yrs   
Old 06-26-2007, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks everyone for your breakdowns. So far on my wishlist is:

1 Ring sling (unpadded)
1 Mei Tai
1 Woven wrap

I think I can convince Shawn I need 3. That should cover all ages/positions, right?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:00 AM

Ok, I admit, I guess I am one of *those* TBW mamas. I am also addicted to FSOT.

Anyhow...

I have four Vatanai wraps, all in size 5m (I justify more than one because I am super busy, and if they get dirty, I can't always wash immediately) These are nice for hot weather as they are very thin, but still supportive.

I have one BBslen wrap, size 5.4 (I think). A little thicker than Vatanai, but still nice. How much weight can it hold??? My 15 year olds boyfriend but her in a back carry in this wrap the other day for fun. So, 100 pounds?

I have one gypsymama wrap, 5.5 yards for really hot weather.

I have multiple pouches. I started as pouch wearer, then learned of other carriers. I don't use pouches at all anymore, but they are heck to resell, no one else uses them either!

I have three ring slings, one solarveil, one silk, and one made from a woven wrap.

I have 5 mei tais, one babyhawk, one sachi, one meitaibaby, and two freehands. Why so many? They all truly fit differently and wear differently. For example, my babyhawk is the most comfoe for back carries. My freehand is most comfortable for front. The sachi has denim straps, and is super easy to wash, so i use it to garden in, etc. The Meitaibaby was my first, so I am sentimental.

I also have an ultimate baby wrap, but i never used it, as it was too stretchy for dd.

I DO own a stroller, and use it often, to carry my packages at the mall. I am also taking it camping tomorrow, so I can lug all my camping equipment from the car to the campsite. DD doesn't sit in the stoller though, she likes being nearer to me.

Leann
Old 06-28-2007, 11:52 PM

we have 2 pouches (one for me, one for my husband... although i wear it sometimes too!), a babytrekker, a bapu, and a ringsling. we use them all all the itme - each has its plusses, some situations call for one, some for another.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:10 AM

I have a Mei Tai and a Maya Wrap. I've had the Maya since she was 2 weeks old, and the Mei Tai since she was 5 months (she was in a Maya at about 3 weeks, though, by the way). I still use both, and wouldn't give either up because they serve very different purposes.

For my 2 YO, the Mei Tai is good for back carrying when I need to walk more and do more and be more grownup functional. The Maya at this point serves two purposes: 1) I use it when I carry her on my hip to allow me one free hand. I find that I can do a medium-length grocery trip like this, and it's good snuggle time. 2) If she's totally wigging out wanting to walk and it's a really unsafe place like Home Depot, I'll put it around her torso and (gasp--don't flame me!) use it almost like one of those "leashes."

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhlmom View Post
I have a Hotsling pouch, an Eden Mei Tai ...

I'm currently looking for a great "back carry" carrier.
Why can't you use your Mei Tai for "back carry?" I use mine for that all the time and it works great.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:50 PM

umm... I have three mai-tais (kozy, MOM tai, and a momma made..) two slings (Moby and BBB), and one pouch (karma baby)... and umm.. I love them all. Though I think I'm going to send the momma made mai tai to a friend who just had a baby Honestly though, they're all very different and wonderful. I love them all! Do I REALLY need them all? No not really. one maitai and a pouch would probably be sufficent.... but... wel... I just like them all!!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:16 PM

I have 2 woven wraps that are 5m, one stretchy that's 5m and one gauze that is 3m-all homemade. I would really like to splurge for a "proper" wrap! I have a ring sling that is my work horse, but I wish it was unpadded, a babytrekker that I no longer use and an Ergo.
I also have a stroller and I use it too! My toddler loves the stroller.
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 07-01-2007, 11:52 PM

I have
an ERGO, use it all the time for front and back carries. I'm looking for another SSC that is narrower through the body
an Ellaroo mei hip.. I can't find the love.
A maya wrap RS I like this for hip carries, but it is too hot.
A WAHM made Mei Tai I don't care for it the straps stretch and it has to be retied frequently. I'm looking for another MT
A sybela wrap..I just don't get it...I think I need a floppier/stretchier wrap to figure it out
Nojo Padded RS. This is great for short periods of time
WAHM mesh water RS this is great. I use it in and out of the water
DH has
A Baby Bjorn
A Baby Trekker (fabulous Goodwill find $2.00)
I am still on a quest for the perfect carrier.
I really need to find a NINO group

User Tag List