How useful is ergo backpack? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We love our ergo carrier. I want to buy ergo backpack (that presumably attaches to the carrier) so that I can carry some staff. Those who have it - is it convinient?
#2 of 3 Old 06-13-2007, 06:56 PM

It does make the Ergo a bit trickier to put on, for me anyway. The first few times, I thought I was going to drop my baby. When I put the Ergo on, I glide my hand up and over the body of the carrier and so the backpack gets in the way a bit. You have to change your method of using the Ergo to use the backpack.

I prefer it to the pocket on the Ergo since if you put anything in the pocket, it's pretty much right against the baby. It is surprisingly huge and there are two ways to access stuff so that is very convenient. And it can be worn alone as a backpack, which is super handy for when there are 2 of you and 1 kid or if you want to do a front carry.

Unfortunately, I never really was able to put it through its paces because I didn't start using it until my baby was out of diapers.

Naomi, Just finished a transformation
#3 of 3 Old 06-13-2007, 08:47 PM

I like it as a standalone backpack well enough, but I have had HUGE problems getting it on when attached to the Ergo. It doesn't attach well enough to the Ergo to keep it from dragging down at the bottom, particularly if you have anything heavier than a diaper in it, IME.

Plus, I like to be able to get to stuff without taking the whole contraption off, so I like a separate bag better.

I have heard people say they liked it better wearing it on the opposite side of the body than baby, so one in front and the other in back (although this you could do with any backpack).

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Tags
Babywearing , Ergo Baby , Structured Backpack Style

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page