Maya wrap sling vs. LP RS? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 08-11-2007, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 2 of the older Maya wrap slings with the fold over shoulder and steel rings. They work fine, but I'm intrigued by the lightly padded one with the new shoulder design.

I'm thinking I should stick with what I have, except I remember getting my first Maya after using a Nojo... what a difference! I'm wondering if the new shoulder is as huge improvement over the old, as the Maya was over the heavily padded Nojo.

Has anyone used both? Is the LP with aluminum rings *that* much better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-11-2007, 08:27 AM

Okay so...Quirky is GOING to make fun of me.
BUT...
check out my blog...my first post is about the LP vs. original and I have pictures.

LOL...Hope it helps.

I really *luv* the LP...dont find the original comfy at all...its NOT scary like the NoJo...trust me! Had one of them too...and my head is still reeling from how scary that sling is. :

Umm Ibrahim
#3 of 5 Old 08-11-2007, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Reading your blog is what made me ask! Before that, I had just dismissed them as one more new thing I didn't need.

I think I need to read your blog again.
#4 of 5 Old 08-11-2007, 09:50 PM

It really is that much better! And I say this as someone who used the original Maya almost exclusively with my ds (well, until the Ergo came out ).

The rings are much lighter, the fabric doesn't slip through them, the shoulder can be used on either side and doesn't have that silly shoulder flap to be pulled over, it's not as restrictive, and the padding is just right. Plus you get the wonderful Maya fabric.

Before I ended up giving my first Maya away (which I still kind of regret sometimes), I had it redone by Jan at www.sleepingbaby.net with aluminum Slingrings and her lovely pleated shoulder. It made a big difference. She has the pattern on her site, so if you can sew even a little, you can order a pair of SlingRings for yourself for around $5 from www.slingrings.com and redo your own Maya for almost nothing. It wouldn't have the padding, but it would be such a vast improvement that you might not ever miss the padding at all. :

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#5 of 5 Old 08-12-2007, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, I wish I had read this earlier! I bought a LP sling from someone on Ebay selling out their stock. Oh well... I think I will look into changing the shoulder on one of my originals and see how that goes. Then I can sell one of my to-be-three slings, when I figure out which 2 are my favorites. I don't think I need 3 RSs.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page