Yamo baby carrier? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-12-2007, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been lurking here for quite awhile now & I've never seen this carrier mentioned before. I just stumbled across them while on e-bay. Opinions?

Andrea
#2 of 7 Old 08-12-2007, 12:40 AM

I know you can find a TON of info about the on thebabywear.com in the ABC and SSC forum. From what I know they are similar to the ergo or a beco in that they are a Soft Structured Carrier and if I remember correctly they are made in Israel.

Pax, loving wife since 2001, Mother of DD1 (11 1/2) and DD2 (8). Entering our 4th year of Homeschooling: Eclectic mix of curriculum and child interest lead. Backyard urban chicken chasers. 10/2014 items purged.
#3 of 7 Old 08-12-2007, 01:50 PM

We have one and dh likes it. I like my onbu more, though because I don't like things around my waist. The Yamo has 2 adjustable parts to each strap which make for a good fit, but it might be a bit harder to get them set up right at first.

And yes, they are Israeli.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#4 of 7 Old 08-12-2007, 04:52 PM

I have one and love it. It is a little lighter than the Ergo (in the body, not the straps) and comes in my favorite color, brown. My partner and I both use it almost every day. My only real complaint is that it doesn't adjust small enough to fit my waist quite tight enough, but it should fit most people fine. And you can wear the waist strap on your hips or waist depending on what is the most comfortable for you, so it isn't really an issue.
#5 of 7 Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 AM

I used to have one but sold it. I had the same problem as the PP where the waist belt doesn't adjust small enough even wearing it on my hips. I'm a size 0 in pants and I don't have much in the hip area. Also, the shoulder straps felt really bulky and the headrest kind of just dangles down all the time. I prefer my Becos to the Yamo.
#6 of 7 Old 08-13-2007, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

for all the info/opinions

Andrea
#7 of 7 Old 08-14-2007, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Yamo. I had an Ergo as well but sold it. I am a size 10 and have no issue with the waistband, in fact it fits me best out of the waistbands on the Ergo and Beco. The sleeping hood on the Yamo is the best.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page