ergo - my arms going a little numb? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 08-18-2007, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this is when using as a backpack and letting my arms hang by my sides (and after a bit of time). i couldn't seem to adjust the chest strap or the arm straps in a way to fix it. i ended up hooking my thumbs into the straps and that changed something in my shoulders' position to solve the problem, but...

is this normal? has anyone else had this issue?

Wife to the man I never expected, DS born at home '07, '08, baby girl born at home Oct '09!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-18-2007, 10:41 PM
ber

I've had that issue before too. I think I'd be tempted to adjust the waistband - like maybe try to get him higher up so that his weight isn't pulling down so much on the straps.

I haven't done it w/the Ergo, but when I was playing around w/a Beco, I fastened the waistbandright below my boobs so that my at-the-time 4 month old would be higher up on my back. Maybe you could try something like that.

M, mom to DS1 (8 yrs), DS2 (5 yrs), and DS3 (2 yrs).

#3 of 3 Old 08-19-2007, 02:58 AM

Yes, adjust the waist so it is higher. You likely aren't utilizing the waist as a weight bearing area.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page