How much during the day do you babywear? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-27-2007, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am new to babywearing and I just LOVE it! My little 4 week old loves it too! She goes right to sleep!

I wear her SO much during the day!!! How often or how much do you wear your little ones?

Can you wear them too much ?

Just wondering

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2007, 05:18 PM

I wear my 2 month old when we go somewhere.. like to the store or for a walk. I don't wear her around the house. I just carry her.

Mine falls right asleep too.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:25 PM

I think I wore DD all day when she was a NB. she mostly was in a wrap at home and a ringsling when out and about. now 15 mos and is still worn about 4-6 hrs daily.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oo, that's a tough one. I want to say "All day!" but I know that's not true.

DD is worn whenever we go somewhere; errands, on a walk, out to dinner, whatever. In the house, though, she tends to like her bouncy seat more, so I just carry that room to room with me.

I say about 3-4 hours per day, in the house, is carry-time.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My girls are older now but when they were under 3mo they were in arms or in a sling during the waking day. Pretty much all the time. I did have a baby swing and for 20 min here or there they would be in it but most of the time that I was awake and they were they were worn.

From 3mo-6mo More tummy and floor time in general but still Hours worth of bwing maybe 8+ hours.

6mo-9mo much more play time but still alot of bwing time this is also the time that I started laying them down for one of there naps during the day in the crib (2 naps aday) maybe 6hours + of bw

9mo-12mo more of the same as 6-9 mo Bw about 4-7 hours a day

12-15mo maybe 3-7 hours aday depending on the day what were doing etc

15-18mo 3-5 hours or so

18mo-2 (youngest will be 2 next week) about 2+ hours aday total including shopping (she is on my back) or walks.

I maybe more on the extreme end then some but I totally believe that a child under 6mo should be in arms or worn. Both my girls were small. DD1 was 4lbs 15 oz 17 inches long and was born 6 weeks early. DD2 was born at 38 weeks and when she was 5 days old was 5lbs even (dropped 1lbs due to milk supply issues).

I think you wear for what ever time or amount that you feel comfortable. My girls hit all there developmental mild stones either on time or early.

Enjoy holding your little one they grow up fast

Pax, loving wife since 2001, Mother of DD1 (12) and DD2 (8 1/2). Entering our 5th year of Homeschooling: Eclectic mix of curriculum and child interest lead. Backyard urban chicken chasers.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:27 PM

I wear DS anytime we're out somewhere. At home, the only place he'll nap usually is the babyhawk, so anywhere from 4-8 hours depending on how long his naps are. Usually once he's awake, he wants to be out of it though...and my shoulders are ready for a break.

Stephanie ~ Mama to Avery (7/07) & Iona (3/10)
Old 09-28-2007, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for the great posts!!! She is alseep in the mby right now! I just love her close to me..... You are right Hunterhope!!! They do grow so fast!!

Thank you again!!!!

luvmybean ~ how do you like the babyhawk? I am thinking about getting one as well.

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Old 09-28-2007, 06:33 PM

I love my babyhawk! DS is sleeping in it right now...it's the only carrier we've tried that he's happy in. The head rest is great for napping. I'd definitely recommend it!

Stephanie ~ Mama to Avery (7/07) & Iona (3/10)
Old 09-29-2007, 11:12 AM

With ds I only wore him when out and about, he was in arms in the house mostly and I did chores when he was asleep (he was a really good sleeper on his own in my bed during the day). When dd came along things changed and I switched to almost full time BW. I think the only times she wasn't in a sling were if me and ds were having a veg out on the sofa with books and DVDs day when she was in arms and nursing a lot, or when dh was home and wanted to cuddle her, or when ds wanted to nurse. I think probably upwards of 10 hours a day, which has dwindled down to maybe an hour on average now at 25 months. She's still worn when we're out and about and she doesn't want to walk, so some days it can be 4 or more hours.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:57 AM

DS always wanted to be in arms at home and would struggle to get out of whatever carrier he was in. In the store/park/whatever, he loved being in a carrier. He always gets very quiet and big-eyed. Now that he's teething, sometimes he will let me put him in the sling to get chores done. Most of the day he's on the floor though. He loves moving around.

User Tag List