Picky picky baby...which carrier? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Vivian loves the Bjorn because she can look out at everything but my back is starting to crack. What carrier can I buy that has a facing out, hip carry, and back carry option that is structured? She hates the smooshy feeling of the RS, hates facing in about 95% of the time, and loves her feet dangling. I personally just really want to try tossing her on my back in a few weeks as her head and neck get even stronger ( she is 4 months next week..)
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 10:34 PM

My friend has a little baby girl that is just as picky. SHe bought the Hip Panda for her and they both love it while for my little butterball (24 lbs)..it's just not the right thing. He loves facing me and looking up to me in his MeiTai. Here's the link http://hippanda.com/information.php?...94a2d1ce96569a

Bjorns are generally not good for baby especially when there are facing out. Here's the link http://www.didymos.com/ (go to opinions and then Baby's anatomy). I really don't want to sound like a know it all but I had a Bjorn and DS luckily hated it and that is when I actually started looking into Babywearing with slings etc. and learned that Bjorns are not too good for Baby.

joy.gif
Old 10-10-2007, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Bjorns are not too good for Baby.
This is true but it doesn't matter now since she's obviously going to purchase a different carrier anyway.

Your daughter probably likes facing out because she likes to look in the direction you are walking. A high-back carry with a MT would do the same trick. I carry my 6mo (started at 4 mo) high enough that she can look forward over my shoulder. Check out the Kozy site.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:39 AM

I would look into getting a Babyhawk or a Beco..or a hip carrier that is getting really good reviews is the scootababy.. http://www.scootababy.com/
Old 10-12-2007, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

I know Bjorns are not good and that whole thing about too much stimulus etc...but she hates facing in! She is nosy and likes to look out. She freaks out when she is faced in towards me and even the hip carry is hated lately..I'm wondering if I'm ever really going to get to wear her or not.
Thanks for suggestions BTW and please keep them coming as we work this out ...

User Tag List