Solarveil no longer available!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2007, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aack! I just went to order some Solarveil fabric to make a water sling for my second baby and I see that Solarveil is no longer in production!! Anyone have any recommendations for something similar? It's not so much the sunscreen protection I'm after, I'm more concerned with something light and mesh-like that will not be too heavy in water and will dry quickly.

Thank you for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 06:24 PM

you might try putting up an ISO here and on TBW. The news hit in the late summer about solarveil, but despite that, at the end of the summer a lot of folks were selling solarveil items for cheap on TBW. i scored a SPOC, which i intend to use either to make a ring sling or to make a mei tai... haven't decided yet! just saying there might be someone out there who has some laying around they'd be willing to part with. e-bay would also be a good place to check.

i know lots of people use a tightly woven mesh, too. don't know where to buy some - i bet you'd get great advice on where to buy on the DIY forum at TBW. those ladies know everything about finding fabric!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:35 PM

There's a fabric called SolarWeave that is sort of like men's swimtrunk material - I have an adjustible sling and it's good for the water. Also, I know Taylormade makes a water ring sling from a 100% polyester mesh - it seems to work pretty well.

Hmmm... perhaps it's a good thing that my pool Hotslings didn't sell out: they may be a hot commodity come next summer!

Michelle, mama to Isabelle (03/04) and Tom (02/07)

User Tag List