Wear your baby! Inspire someone! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 02-26-2008, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that I posted on this thread before, but I just got back from the Outlet Mall and WOW! I had SO MANY people comment on my sling, and oddly enough, I had 3 young men (around 20-25) say "That's so cool!" or something like that. I've never seen such an interest from guys! And I know it's not because they were trying to flirt or anything, because I was out with my hubby and 3-year-old. I also had several ladies actually stop me and want to talk about it. Also, a mom who was bfing her baby while sitting on a bench outside of a store stopped me to talk about it. I swear, I would have been home an hour earlier, had it not been for all of the babywearing interest!

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 02-26-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine1001 View Post
I know that I posted on this thread before, but I just got back from the Outlet Mall and WOW! I had SO MANY people comment on my sling, and oddly enough, I had 3 young men (around 20-25) say "That's so cool!" or something like that. I've never seen such an interest from guys!
That reminds me of when my oldest was under a year old and my DH was wearing her (by himself) around town back in NYC. He was walking along Central Park -- I think he had her in kangaroo carry in a pouch -- and all of these late teen/early twenties ladies were making eyes at him and oohing and aahing over how cute DD was. At first he was like, "This is cool," but then it started to get more and more crowded and he was like "What is going on here?" It turns out there was a Dave Matthews concert in the park! So he was being mobbed by thousands of college girls who were there to see Dave! And he discovered that day that ladies love babywearing dads!

-Vijay
#33 of 35 Old 02-27-2008, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

So nice to hear all these cool stories! Keep 'em coming. It makes me feel like less of a wierdo when I know there are truely others who babywear, even when I feel alone.

Mom to :, , and :
#34 of 35 Old 02-28-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdInAZ View Post
So nice to hear all these cool stories! Keep 'em coming. It makes me feel like less of a wierdo when I know there are truely others who babywear, even when I feel alone.
Momma, you aren't alone, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. What a good reason to be an outcast!
#35 of 35 Old 02-29-2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine1001 View Post
I know that I posted on this thread before, but I just got back from the Outlet Mall and WOW! I had SO MANY people comment on my sling, and oddly enough, I had 3 young men (around 20-25) say "That's so cool!" or something like that. I've never seen such an interest from guys! And I know it's not because they were trying to flirt or anything, because I was out with my hubby and 3-year-old. I also had several ladies actually stop me and want to talk about it. Also, a mom who was bfing her baby while sitting on a bench outside of a store stopped me to talk about it. I swear, I would have been home an hour earlier, had it not been for all of the babywearing interest!
Isn't that great when you hear comments from young men? I was just about to come here to post about the sweet comments I heard a young guy (maybe age 18-21?) saying about the Beco I had DD in while in Disneyland. She was up on my back & I saw this guy looking over at us smiling & say to the group of other young guys & girls he was with "dude, check out that baby in that cool back pack thing, that is so cool!" About 10 seconds later "look, did you guys see that cool baby back pack?" Then he went on to say to his friends "I can't wait till I'm a parent to have one of those cool things to put my baby in" I thought that was so sweet to hear such a young guy be thinking of his future children & how he was going to wear them I do have to say that the group he was with didn't seem the least bit interested in what he was talking about though. I didn't even hear them respond to what he was saying.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page