Help! Going bald! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just bought an ergo last week and LOVE it. Except...

6 month old ds will not stop grabbing and pulling my hair when I put him in the back carry. Once he's in, he's fine, but the process of putting him in results in me going bald (exaggerating...sort of) I realize that I just got it, and am still getting used to it (I am always careful to have someone spot me still, or if I am alone, put him in while kneeling on the bed) so perhaps once I'm more adept at the whole process, it might get better...but...

Is this normal? Will he outgrow it? I've tried wearing a stocking cap, but he just pulls that off.

Mind you, he thinks this is a very fun game!

Thanks!

Also - even if my hair is pulled back in a ponytail - he grabs at that too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2008, 11:54 AM

I have to do a bun - not ponytail - every time I wear DS on my back or else he will pull my hair out.

Here's a video I made demonstrating the quick and easy way I get DS on my back in our SSC: Link to video.

ETA: You'll also notice in the video that I'm holding his hands for much of the putting-on process, so that prevents some hair-pulling as well.

Faith, wife to Ben 9/24/05     Tandem nursing and cosleeping graduate (for now!), babywearing SAHM to Solomon 9/18/07 and Abram 12/10/09, expecting our 3rd boy in December/January!
Master Babywearing Educator and President of Babywearing International of Central New York
Old 07-24-2008, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Thanks for the video. Nice backflip! I think I'll have to practice that one a little bit. It's been going a little bit better...I think I can do it faster now, so he doesn't have as much time to grab my hair. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2008, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SollysMom View Post
I have to do a bun - not ponytail - every time I wear DS on my back or else he will pull my hair out.

Here's a video I made demonstrating the quick and easy way I get DS on my back in our SSC: Link to video.

ETA: You'll also notice in the video that I'm holding his hands for much of the putting-on process, so that prevents some hair-pulling as well.
SollysMom, what carrier are you using? I can't get the hang of wrap for putting my LO on my back, but yours looks like something I could figure out.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingJoy View Post
SollysMom, what carrier are you using? I can't get the hang of wrap for putting my LO on my back, but yours looks like something I could figure out.
That's a Yamo SSC. They're pretty hard to find, but any SSC would work similarly. A lot of people like the Ergo.

Faith, wife to Ben 9/24/05     Tandem nursing and cosleeping graduate (for now!), babywearing SAHM to Solomon 9/18/07 and Abram 12/10/09, expecting our 3rd boy in December/January!
Master Babywearing Educator and President of Babywearing International of Central New York
Old 07-25-2008, 05:43 PM

Great video!

User Tag List