Post your babywearing pics........ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 58 Old 10-11-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
delete

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#32 of 58 Old 10-11-2008, 05:16 PM
 
hrsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central CA Coast
Posts: 2,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...ofIMGP4944.jpg

This my little girl asleep in the mei tai!

Autumn Breeze- I mostly only have self pics in the mirror, too! I think I took this one standing in front of a mirror, so I used the mirror to look in the display on my camera.

This only shows her sweet face, so probably doesn't help with picking out a carrier, but one thing I do love about this mei tai is that she very often falls asleep in it. It helps her sleep if she's ready for her nap but more interested in playing or something.

Kimberly, in love with Hannah Rose! (04/08) EC grad!
hrsmom is offline  
#33 of 58 Old 10-11-2008, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnBreeze View Post
I'll have to see if I can dig some up. I only really have self pics in the mirror, and well, they suck.

Kangaroo Carry in the Hotsling (about 4.5 months old here)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...e/PeekABoo.jpg

And here at a little over 2.5 in the hip carry, again Hotsling

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...lingcarry2.jpg

Front Carry in a Mama-Made Mei Tei (a friend made it not me!)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...HPIM0716-1.jpg

Back carry

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...a/HPIM0717.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...a/HPIM0721.jpg

Girl is always lopsided

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...a/HPIM0719.jpg



I bought the M.T. when she was about 7 months old and started using it immediately I loved it! My hotsling had recently begun to hurt my back at the shoulder when I used it for a long time. And I quickly mastered the back carry, and continued to use it on a daily basis until about 4 months ago. (She's 3 now) I still take it with me when we're going to be out for a long time, for when she gets tired of the stroller, then walking, and finally needs a nap. Though now she's more comfortable on my front than my back.
Great pics !! I've already got the hotsling which I cant wait to use. I love the fact that it is great for both infants and older ones. I plan on definately getting a MT when he gets a little older.

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#34 of 58 Old 10-11-2008, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisha View Post
Beco butterfly II (Fabric is Avery) in action with my 1 month old Phoebe
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Phoebe/019.jpg
I really like this one and considering getting. Do you own any wraps? If so which do you prefer for this age?

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#35 of 58 Old 10-11-2008, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am REALLY enjoying all these pics!! Thanks so much for sharing. Keep em coming

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#36 of 58 Old 10-11-2008, 10:48 PM
 
Leisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Belgium
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by briccagrl View Post
I really like this one and considering getting. Do you own any wraps? If so which do you prefer for this age?
I don't have any other carriers,i'm pretty much still a babywearing novice so I can't compare, but I really love this one

Mommy to DD bouncy.gif born August 2008 

Leisha is offline  
#37 of 58 Old 10-12-2008, 09:29 AM
 
pixiepunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hampshire County, WV
Posts: 4,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD2 asleep in the babyhawk: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...eepingbaby.jpg

this was over the summer, DD2 was about 2 months old, Ellaroo Maija: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...IMG_0208-1.jpg

this was taken same day as above, a little bit later when DD2 had fallen asleep, Gypsymama BBS Ganja: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/IMG_0203.jpg

this one is ancient - DS asleep in a DIY MT while i cooked dinner: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...nmamasback.jpg

please excuse the stupid look on my face . this was taken two days ago, Stony Creek Kozy: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/DSC_1332.jpg

and about 5 minutes later :http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/DSC_1344.jpg
pixiepunk is offline  
#38 of 58 Old 10-12-2008, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiepunk View Post
DD2 asleep in the babyhawk: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...eepingbaby.jpg

this was over the summer, DD2 was about 2 months old, Ellaroo Maija: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...IMG_0208-1.jpg

this was taken same day as above, a little bit later when DD2 had fallen asleep, Gypsymama BBS Ganja: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/IMG_0203.jpg

this one is ancient - DS asleep in a DIY MT while i cooked dinner: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...nmamasback.jpg

please excuse the stupid look on my face . this was taken two days ago, Stony Creek Kozy: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/DSC_1332.jpg

and about 5 minutes later :http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/DSC_1344.jpg
Great pics Pixie !! Thanks for sharing. The last one is too cute.

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#39 of 58 Old 10-18-2008, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bumpity bump bump.....Love looking at all the pics :

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#40 of 58 Old 10-18-2008, 05:11 PM
 
kirstenb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Diego County
Posts: 5,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found one of DH wearing DS last spring. He doesn't like to be worn in slings anymore, but I couldn't find any pics of him in the Ergo!

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/...d-8thOruIM.jpg

Here's another one from the same day, though I'm not sure what DH is doing because it doesn't look like DS is even secure in the sling!

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/...KQNkFN0QMd.jpg

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
kirstenb is offline  
#41 of 58 Old 10-18-2008, 06:02 PM
 
Angierae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://flickr.com/photos/24285933@N0...7608144807218/

Leif in the Ergo and Rebozo wrap.

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

 h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

 

 

 

 

Angierae is offline  
#42 of 58 Old 10-19-2008, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
I found one of DH wearing DS last spring. He doesn't like to be worn in slings anymore, but I couldn't find any pics of him in the Ergo!

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/...d-8thOruIM.jpg

Here's another one from the same day, though I'm not sure what DH is doing because it doesn't look like DS is even secure in the sling!

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/...KQNkFN0QMd.jpg
Great pics....cant wait to try out my sling.

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#43 of 58 Old 10-19-2008, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angierae View Post

What lovely pics. Love the wrap. Do you think that wrap is better than the Moby? was planning on getting one of those.

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#44 of 58 Old 10-19-2008, 02:37 PM
 
Past_VNE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Under a roof of stars and clouds.
Posts: 5,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I love seeing all the cuddly little ones!

Here's Jett in our Ergo. I LOVE it...he did when he was smaller, but starting around three, he complains that it hurts his butt and upper legs.

Here's another Ergo shot, at the San Antonio Zoo, where he's about 10 months old, maybe. (??)

Here he is, at five months old, just three days after skull surgery...at the Alamo. We had traveled to San Antonio just for the surgery and the surgeons were used to non-locals, as they are the best in the world. Well, they 'made' parents promise to get out of the hotel over the weekend and take the little ones around, as it was easier on everyone's stress and the babies were in remarkably little pain following surgery. We thought they were nuts beforheand....but it turned out, it was an excellent idea. Please excuse the crazy positioning. There he is in a Babasling, from Australia. It's phenomenal...no complaints at all. It's my favorite sling for utility, comfort and quality.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
Past_VNE is offline  
#45 of 58 Old 10-19-2008, 10:52 PM
 
Angierae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by briccagrl View Post
What lovely pics. Love the wrap. Do you think that wrap is better than the Moby? was planning on getting one of those.
I prefer the woven. I find the stretchy (like moby) fabric to be less comfortable as they get heavier. And Leif can see through the weave of the rebozo, which he loves! It can be completely over his face and he can watch everything going on from his nest. Somehow wind and cold doesn't get through. Its really great. Probably my favorite. I'd been using the ergo more over the summer, b/c it wasn't was hot as 4 layers of wrap crossing around him. But now we are back to the rebozo. And the wovens are just so pretty I love to wear it. For me, they seem to attract the most comments and complements too, which is good activism!

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

 h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

 

 

 

 

Angierae is offline  
#46 of 58 Old 10-19-2008, 11:00 PM
 
hollycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this thread could not be cuter!
hollycat is offline  
#47 of 58 Old 10-26-2008, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Past_VNE View Post
Oh, I love seeing all the cuddly little ones!

Here's Jett in our Ergo. I LOVE it...he did when he was smaller, but starting around three, he complains that it hurts his butt and upper legs.

Here's another Ergo shot, at the San Antonio Zoo, where he's about 10 months old, maybe. (??)

Here he is, at five months old, just three days after skull surgery...at the Alamo. We had traveled to San Antonio just for the surgery and the surgeons were used to non-locals, as they are the best in the world. Well, they 'made' parents promise to get out of the hotel over the weekend and take the little ones around, as it was easier on everyone's stress and the babies were in remarkably little pain following surgery. We thought they were nuts beforheand....but it turned out, it was an excellent idea. Please excuse the crazy positioning. There he is in a Babasling, from Australia. It's phenomenal...no complaints at all. It's my favorite sling for utility, comfort and quality.


What great pics....thanks for sharing

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#48 of 58 Old 10-26-2008, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angierae View Post
I prefer the woven. I find the stretchy (like moby) fabric to be less comfortable as they get heavier. And Leif can see through the weave of the rebozo, which he loves! It can be completely over his face and he can watch everything going on from his nest. Somehow wind and cold doesn't get through. Its really great. Probably my favorite. I'd been using the ergo more over the summer, b/c it wasn't was hot as 4 layers of wrap crossing around him. But now we are back to the rebozo. And the wovens are just so pretty I love to wear it. For me, they seem to attract the most comments and complements too, which is good activism!
Thanks for the input. I think now I'm probably leaning more towards the Rebozo. They seem to last a little longer as well if planning on more children.

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#49 of 58 Old 10-26-2008, 02:35 PM
 
frontierpsych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Where the other 4999 Bensoners are...
Posts: 6,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
... and this is me with DS in the maya wrap

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...inmayawrap.jpg

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
frontierpsych is offline  
#50 of 58 Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 PM
 
sapphire_chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 27,052
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sapphire_chan is offline  
#51 of 58 Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 PM
 
sapphire_chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 27,052
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ph...3747337&ref=nf
Sorry if it doesn't show, not sure how well Facebook is at letting people see albums, and it's not my picture. It's of me nursing Lina in the wrap while learning a dance on Saturday.
sapphire_chan is offline  
#52 of 58 Old 10-27-2008, 03:31 AM
 
allborntogrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cute!
allborntogrow is offline  
#53 of 58 Old 11-01-2008, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontierpsych View Post
... and this is me with DS in the maya wrap

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...inmayawrap.jpg


Love it !! Just ordered that same one

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#54 of 58 Old 11-01-2008, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
 
briccagrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post


Great video...thanks for sharing !! Couldnt access the facebook pic

2/07; First time momma to Colton 12/10/08
briccagrl is offline  
#55 of 58 Old 11-01-2008, 02:42 PM
 
sapphire_chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 27,052
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by briccagrl View Post
Great video...thanks for sharing !! Couldnt access the facebook pic
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sapphire_chan/2991595147/

Try this.
sapphire_chan is offline  
#56 of 58 Old 11-03-2008, 02:01 PM
 
KristyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The 'burbs of Atlanta
Posts: 2,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh fun!

A stretchy wrap. (ours was the Ultimate Baby Wrap, it was a bit thinner than my friend's Moby and had two useless nylon rings on one end) DD is about 2 months old here.

A stretchy wrap is my #1 recommendation for a newborn. I absolutely LOVED ours and have since passed it on to another new mom.

Our silk ring sling. Love it. Now it's quick in and out, but it took me a while to get the hang of adjusting it. IMO the wrap was easier to learn.

I don't have any good pics but I also have a DIY woven wrap that I use for back carries. Here's a bad pic of one of my 1st attempts at a back carry.

And this is a pic of my friends and I in ring slings we made for the Highland Games. I actually use this sling all the time now.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

KristyDi is offline  
#57 of 58 Old 11-07-2008, 08:30 PM
 
ryansma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where people yell O-H-I-O
Posts: 2,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds in the ring sling at the pumpkin patch and voting on Nov 4.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
ryansma is offline  
#58 of 58 Old 11-08-2008, 04:21 AM
 
cchrissyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Berkeley CA
Posts: 2,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cchrissyy is offline  
Reply

User Tag List



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off