How do you wear baby in winter without freezing? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 10-30-2008, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnitti View Post
These ideas are all great for using after you have put the baby in the carrier, but in the meantime, you are outside freezing your a$$ off while putting baby in the carrier. That is what I'd like to see solved.
so wrap the baby in a blankie and wait till you get into the store etc. to put them in the wrap/sling.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 39 Old 10-30-2008, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisha View Post
Hmm I don't know
Usually I put dd in the carrier at home, before we go out; or if we're going somewhere by car, I'll do it in the car. But she's only 2 mo so she's small enough to be able to do that in the car...
:
I've also used the pouch (requires less space to put her in) to carry her to the store and then switched to the wrap.
#33 of 39 Old 11-01-2008, 03:04 AM

I'm looking at those Kindercoats....

Can someone please explain to me how they work? I have an Ergo, and love it. Do I use my Ergo and the coat goes over it? It looks as if the coat is a carrier in an of itself. If that's true, then that means if I go inside somewhere, I have to take off my coat, and thus my baby too? I'm confused!

Thanks!!
#34 of 39 Old 11-01-2008, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I'm looking at those Kindercoats....

Can someone please explain to me how they work? I have an Ergo, and love it. Do I use my Ergo and the coat goes over it? It looks as if the coat is a carrier in an of itself. If that's true, then that means if I go inside somewhere, I have to take off my coat, and thus my baby too? I'm confused!

Thanks!!
I just looked at the site. Thanks! I've never seen this product before! It's definitely going on my favorites list!!
Here's the link to wearing the coat. It shows the lady using a wrap to wear baby and then donning the coat, completely separate items.
http://www.suseskinder.com/wearinginstructionsfront.htm

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#35 of 39 Old 11-01-2008, 02:45 PM

Yep the kindercoat is just a bwing coat. It is a 3-in-1 to adjust for different weather. Just dress yourself and your baby normally. Put baby in your chosen carrier (front or back) and put the coat on over top of you both. It is warm and snuggy. I've been ice-fishing and sledding in the middle of a cold Canadian winter and the coat is awesome. Hats, mits and scarves are all I've had to add. There is a new kindercoat deluxe now available that comes in more colours and allows for a hip carry too, but I haven't tried that yet. We love ours!

Kelly , mama to 4yo and 1yo ,
#36 of 39 Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 PM

This winter is the first winter I'll have a small baby for the whole winter; my first two were born at the tail end of winter. I'm favoring a very poppable carrier -- a ring sling, a stretchy wrap, or possibly a woven wrap -- and am planning to get some buttons the same size as the buttons on my coat so that I can add a fleece panel to the coat to make it wide enough to button around the baby and me.

Mama to four: 10, 7, 3, and 1

#37 of 39 Old 11-12-2008, 01:23 AM

Depending on where you live... you could always try a baby wearing poncho.

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/poncho.html

I'm planning on making one this week. I have been walking mornings while wearing DD and its getting chilly!

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#38 of 39 Old 11-12-2008, 03:23 PM

i have a kindercoat, but so far i have only worn ds in a front carry.

i LOVE it! much nicer than the oversized jackets i used with dd and ds1. there is a little flap on the insert that keeps the cold breeze from blowing down our necks.

i've got some firewood that has to be stacked (a back carry task) and it's chilly today, so i'll try to update after my first attempt with ds on my back, probably this afternoon.
#39 of 39 Old 11-14-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd'smom View Post
I've gone ice-fishing bwing! I have Suse's kindercoat - it is awesome - front carries, back carries, and it's a 3 in 1 so great for all weather and warm enough for just about all the cold days up here!
I used the same coat. It was a lifesaver when we lived in NH and MA one winter. We were able to get out for at least 3 mile walks everyday the entire winter, minus 2 days when it was like a blizzard outside. I did have to time it right so that DS would sleep during the walk; it kept him warmer when he was snuggled down in the Ergo and in the coat.

Leslie, mom to John :, 02/25/06
::::

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page