Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Babywearing Reviews (http://www.mothering.com/forum/248-babywearing-reviews/)
-   -   Kozy Carrier (http://www.mothering.com/forum/248-babywearing-reviews/126205-kozy-carrier.html)

Peppamint 03-21-2004 01:07 AM

Product name: Kozy Carrier

Brief description of product: This carrier can be worn in the front or back positions (with baby facing the wearer).

Store/Site of purchase: http://www.kozycarrier.com

Price: $50-$60

How long have you used this product? Two months

Fit/Sizing: One size (she will adjust sizing for small or large persons upon request)

Performance: This carrier performs extremely well. It's very comfortable and my baby loves to be worn this way!

Workmomship: A+ It is beautifully sewn.

Customer Service/Communication: Wonderful communication. Kelley is very sweet and answered all my problems. Very friendly.

Would you purchase this product again? Definitely! I'd love to have a "spare"!

Additional Comments:
I love this carrier! For me, it worked better than the Ergo. I have a short waist/wide hips and this carrier is easier to adjust so I get a better fit that is more comfortable.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):

mcmrymoon 03-26-2004 01:03 PM

want to second the

danaalex 03-29-2004 04:07 AM

want to third the

this carrier rocks!!!!!! we LOVE it alot and if I had known that when i got this one i would've bought a second. now there is a waiting list like 10 years long LOL!!!!!! no seriously, try this out if you get a chance, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

mary3mama 04-17-2004 11:59 PM

Do not pass up a chance to use this awesome carrier. I use mine everyday, often for several hours at a time. DS is 23+ lbs now & a comfy 2-shoulder carrier is a must for me. Since he's only 9mo, I see using this for a long time! Very strong - very durable. Great for front, back, rucksac, & hip carry!

Kelley is fantastic to work with.

newmom_27 07-25-2004 08:44 PM

Just wanted to give my also. I love this carrier!

mthomas 08-22-2004 12:11 AM

here also. I've been using this carrier for abt 2 months now and I love it. It is made of durable material, very washable. And everytime I wash it, it just gets softer and softer. It's wonderfully versatile. I can use it or my dh can use it. I am 5'3" and 110 lbs and my dh is 6'1" and 240 lbs. My son feels safe and secure in it. I've never had a complaint from him, in either back or front carry. And my back appreicates it. My son is 7 mo and abt 25 lbs, so I also need 2 shoulder support when carrying him. Once I found which positioning of the straps worked best for us, I've never had a single ache since!
I've had difficulty mastering other slings, but this one is by far the easiest to get the hang of.
I highly recommed purchasing this sling. The waiting list *is* daunting for some. BUT it is well worth the wait, I promise!

kris1225 09-10-2004 01:20 AM

Brief description of product: Asian baby carrier with a buttery-soft cotton cord print on one side and a soft black canvas on the other. Lightly padded straps. Curved top for sleepyhead support.

Store/Site of purchase: [url="www.kozycarrier.com"]Kozy Carrier{/url]

Price: $60ish

How long have you used this product? about a month

Fit/Sizing: one size fits all

Performance: fabulous!

Workmomship: top notch!

Customer Service/Communication: I Kelley! She's a great WAHM who's really into pleasing her customers and making a fantastic product.

Would you purchase this product again? absolutely

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof

Additional Comments: The Kozy is a true modern original. It's worth the wait.

Momma2LiamandTara 09-22-2004 09:58 PM

Brief description of product: "Backpack" style lightly padded carrier

Store/Site of purchase: http://www.kozycarrier.homestead.com/

Price: I think $45.00

How long have you used this product? Several months until DS got to heavy to carry.

Fit/Sizing: I think one size fit all

iPerformance: WONDERFUL!

Workmomship: Superb!

Customer Service/Communication: Super fast and very polite.

Would you purchase this product again? YES!!!!

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? Yes. Just that mine arrived smelling like smoke. I didn't put 2 and 2 together to think that the mailman was the one who made it stink. Kelly was super sweet about my "complaint" and helped me put the 2 and 2 together to relaize it was the mailman. Not once was she rude or unprofesional. Every contact I had with her was very pleasent. She was even super sweet to let me pay in installments before she made my order.

Additional Comments: This is the best carrier I ever owned. I love it!! It has a bit of a learning curve but Kelly includes really good instructions on how to use it. I figured otu how to use it in no time and it's the most comfortable thing. I don't use it currently becuase my son doesn't want to be in it anymore but I will use it with #2. I love the gentle/minmal padding in the straps. It adds just enough comfort. I suggest this carrier to so many people when inquring on a sling to buy. There is a bit of a wait to get it but well worth it. Definetly worth the money!

(forgot to rate it!)

Subhuti 04-20-2005 09:47 PM

Product name:
kozy carrier
Brief description of product:mei tei in canvas with some modifications (padding on straps, support for babies head)

Store/Site of purchase:
from the website
Price:
55 aprox
How long have you used this product? one month

Fit/Sizing: excellent. Fits me well, and the carrier looks like it fits babies of all ages. My baby is almost eight months and it works great for her. What I like about the design is that it is infinately and immediately adjustable. Also, gorgeous fabrics, not like the nerdy blue plaids on all the other baby products we all own!!

Performance: excellent. my favorite carrier (ergo is a close second). allows me to have baby on my back so I can garden, cook, clean. No back pain anymore, which was an issue with the sling and infantino. The fifty or so dollars you spend you get back in the first few days of work you can get done finally because of it. Baby likes it too. Also you can use this carrier on your front or on your hip.
My baby seem to like the ergo a bit better because the seat is less confining than the kozy. She leans out and grabs stuff and swivels. I don't like this as much because it makes me a little nervous. With the kozy she's pulled right in tight and secure on your back so you can really concentrate on your work and move in all sorts of positions, while, say, gardening. I'm experimenting with adjusting the kozy a bit to let her have some more space. This is easy to do, as is everything with this wonderful product!!

Baby sleeps on my back. I can literally get a few hours of work done now a day.

Workmomship:excellent.

Customer Service/Communication:very professional and helpful.very good website directions on how to use.

Would you purchase this product again? yes. I almost gave up on babywearing because the sling was so uncomfortable and off - center. I hope that moms teetering in the edge of not wearing their baby try this one. It is literally, for my family, life changing. I am so much happier because I can get some meaningful work done with baby happy and connected. We eat better, house is cleaner, laundry done. Yeah!

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): Definately all five.

mary3mama 03-22-2006 02:41 PM

I loved my first Kozy so much that I bought a second one so that we were never without when one was in the wash.

Kelley and Kristy are the BEST to work with. Support a WAHMama invention and have the world's best carrier!

Sharlla 03-29-2006 01:43 PM

Brief description of product: Mei tai with padded straps and head

Store/Site of purchase: [url="www.kozycarrier.com"]Kozy Carrier{/url]

Price: $79 (custom)

How long have you used this product? Just got it today, although I have borrowed one in the past

Fit/Sizing: They have standard and XL that have longer straps

Performance: Easy to use, super comfy

Workmomship: Flawless

Customer Service/Communication: Prompt with my emails and great communication

Would you purchase this product again? I will :P

Additional Comments: Wanna see my custom Kozy? Here

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 5

tatangel19 03-12-2007 10:29 PM

Just an update, Kelley has contracted out the making of the Kozy, so now the wait time is only 1-2 weeks!:

mary3mama 03-13-2007 01:28 PM

Good point!

Quick note: my 1st kozy was made by Kelley, the 2nd by her vendor & they we're both excellent! Still handmade, still awesome!

Kimmie213 03-15-2007 12:32 AM

Love our Kozy. I would say its best for older kiddos because it is a bigger bodied MT.

wagamama 06-15-2007 07:45 PM

For me, the Kozy is good when I want to carry ds for longer periods of time, but very inconvenient when I want to just slip something on quickly -- in that case, I much prefer a pouch.

VanessaS 08-29-2007 04:46 PM

Fantastic carrier. For a newborn I prefer a wrap but I used this one for front carries and it was fine. I just tucked their legs in and tied it behind their backs.
My Kozy is getting a lot of wear lately because we go for long walks with my 2.5 yo DS every day and I can push him in the buggy if he gets tired because DD is on my back. Very practicle and faster to tie than a wrap for back carries.

Narn 04-23-2008 02:20 PM

Brief description of product: Mei Tai style carrier

Store/Site of purchase: kozycarrier.homestead.com

Price: $79 plus $10 shipping

How long have you used this product? 1 week

Fit/Sizing: I got the regular straps. I am very petite, but it is very comfortable for me.

Performance: Makes my 20 lb baby feel like 5 lbs!

Workmomship: very sturdy

Customer Service/Communication: Quick e-mail response. Product arrived sooner than promised.

Would you purchase this product again? Yes

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: No

Additional Comments: Beautiful and comfortable and easy to use.